new member questions and comments

stevebbb

I agree with jeffnjill, it takes a few break-in miles to wake up. My first impression was the same, it didn't have the power that I thought it might. But I could definitely feel more torque in the lower rpms, throttle response was better and overall vehicle handling was better than my 99 Z71. With a few mods and some mileage, my truck is much stronger than my previous truck.

Give it a chance, you'll like it.

:withstupid: I had a modded 99 Z71 myself, actually thought my last truck had more power overall, but since I got some miles on it and a couple of mods....much stronger than the last. :thumbs:

I had a 2000 Silverado EXT Cab LS with the 5.3 and then a 2002 Z71 with the same options as the 2000 and I never had a doubt that the SS was a stronger truck. Yes, I do agree with miles it seems to get better, but on the test drive alone, I noticed the difference in the power. I am not planning on doing any mods on mine due to financial constraints (if I could afford to, I would do it) and this truck has all the power I need for an every day driver. I am very satisfied with it as are most people that see me drive it judging from the looks and comments I get.

i am new to your forum. i've been fortunate enough to own several new gm vehicles including pickups, avalanches, and corvettes. i'm looking at a new ss and had two questions. i seem to notice a lot of wind noise from the rear windows at highway speeds, especially with crosswinds.also does anyone know the most popular color. thanks in advance,ralphie.

Ralphie - welcome to the site. Yes, some people have complained about the wind noise to the back windows. For the ones that have taken them in, most have been replaced and the problem resolved. If I had to pick a most popular color, I'd say black. I think it may be due to the fact that more of them were produced than other colors. If it was me, I'd pick blue. This is the last year, '04, they make it in this color, from what we have been told.

Archived