got a new Daily driver today

TheGunny

Well a friend of mine was gave me her old car today, I need a daily driver to put less miles on my truck and hopefully it gets a little better gas mileage its a little beat up and might need some engine work but.... well see 1994 chrysler le baron 90.000 miles on it and a 3.0 v6.. Also the problem it has is when your stopped at a light or sign and start to gas it it sometimes dies or act like it's going to die??? maybe fuel pump or filter??

DSC01747.jpg

DSC01746.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

I used to work on those when they were new.

If it's a 3.0 with a 604 automatic, I would check for a vacuum leak, then ck air filter and throttle body-clean as necessary. Ck plugs & wires, fuel pressure and filter. There are sensors that go bad but they usually set off the SES light. And that three-cycles of the key should give you your DTC's. Expect a code 12 and a 55, with your DTC's in between.

Oh and a bad speed sensor (or bad connector) can also cause a 3.0 to stall or almost stall...but it starts right back up easily.

Hope one of these helps you out.

If it's a 3.0 with a 604 automatic, I would check for a vacuum leak, then ck air filter and throttle body-clean as necessary. Ck plugs & wires, fuel pressure and filter. There are sensors that go bad but they usually set off the SES light. And that three-cycles of the key should give you your DTC's. Expect a code 12 and a 55, with your DTC's in between.

Oh and a bad speed sensor (or bad connector) can also cause a 3.0 to stall or almost stall...but it starts right back up easily.

Thanks those will be on my list of what to check

Wasn't the Mitsu engine bad for valve seals or guides or something?