No oil pressure?

I went to go start my truck yesterday night to go get some dinner and as soon as I started it the truck had no oil pressure:confused:. I didn't have any problems with the truck the day before. I hope it is something electrical but I have no idea. When I started the truck it sounded normal, but I shut it off quick.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try turning the truck to the on position to see if the needle at least moves and isnt broken and maybe try to start it again and make sure it just wasnt a glitch the first time.

I just turned the ingniton to the on position and it does not move at all. I also started it up again to see if it was a glitch and it is still doing it.

sounds to me like its the gauge. if the needle doesn't sweep when you turn the key to acc. then its the guage. to be sure though you should plug a reader in and look at your oil pressure that way. i would not recommend driving it until you know for sure.

wow that :chillpill: does sucks not to get you down but i had something similar. went to a buddies house to hang out. when i went to leave no oil pressure flashed. so i turned it off, had it towed home. we couldnt find anything we hooked up a gauge and no oil press. turned out to be a spun cam bearing. ended up getting a new motor compliments of gm. but the reman motors are POS mine only lasted 5k miles before i completely demolished it.

Ok we got the pan off and the pump is pumping very little almost nothing. Also we noticed the timing chain has a lot of play in it. Does anyone have any part # or recommendations to a better pump. I hate to put another stock one in it if this one took a dump so soon. The timing chain also is another issue, I guess I am going to serch around.