ANOTHER exhaust question

ToddOH

I am considering changing my exhaust, but want to keep the stock tail pipe/tip. I was thinking, if possible of removing the stock muffler and installing 2 Delta Series Flowmasters side by side using the stock dual in and "y" out. Of course they would have to be installed vertically. Has this or can this be done. I could get the muffler measurements from Flowmaster and crawl under the beast but its Cold and wet out. Any thoughts?

I would just use one flowmaster...they have a dual in, single 3.5" out that is designed for these trucks using the stock tailpipe. Using two mufflers would be a waste, in my opinion, if you are just going to use a y-pipe to bring them back together.

Here's a link to the muffler...I think many have been happy with it: Flowmaster

I'm considering the same thing, but I'm going to x-pipe it before the mufflers. IMO this will reduce the backpressure in the mufflers themselves and build the pressure at the y-pipe, my theory, crisper sound, don't know for sure but I'm willing to try...someday. :D

I ran this config only with 3" pipes to those 2.5" 50 Series Delta Flowbast$rds. there was so much resonance, I couldn't handle it. I lost some low end torque and gained some upper end HP. I just had the system redone with some GHL mufflers. They cut most all of the 3" piping and replaced it with 2.5" piping and placed the GHL mufflers in the roughly the same places that had been the FlowBast$rds.

Motor still climbs to the top but now has more low end torque again.

Note to self. 3" exhaust is bad on a 6.0l truck. Got it.

Archived