Looking for the number for FLP

I have looked these threads over and wanted to know if anyone had the number to FLP on hand anywhere. I found a number that setti had posted but it doesnt work. I am looking for a shift kit and servo for my truck and Chucks name at flp seems to come up alot. If anyone knows the number or knows somewhere else to get the Transgo-hd kit with servo please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I have looked these threads over and wanted to know if anyone had the number to FLP on hand anywhere. I found a number that setti had posted but it doesnt work. I am looking for a shift kit and servo for my truck and Chucks name at flp seems to come up alot. If anyone knows the number or knows somewhere else to get the Transgo-hd kit with servo please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Here ya go...

Finishline Performance - Since buying a $2000 built transmission is over most guys budgets, what should we do to beef up our 4L65E transmission? Earlier in this thread, a vette servo and shift kit were mentioned, but what about above and beyond those items? In your experience, what parts are likely to fail first in our trans? Would having some good clutches / friction plates and bands installed prior to failure prevent any damage in the long run?

I have a great low mile transmission right now and would like to know what I can do to make it last as long as possible. Eventually, I'll blow it, but I need it to last as long as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Ben- I haven't asked lately, but how do you like that stall? I really like mine, and coupled with a Radix, I bet its great: super street manners, and a hard launch.

BigTex - it would surprise me if most of your post was even answered. If they tell what will break, then we won't end up calling them for a new one. And I say that generically for any company out there. Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised?

To answer your question about the stall, I can do it in one word - awesome! :thumbs: I sometimes forget that it is even in there, compared to the stock converter. Tiny bit of difference in everyday driving and only notice it on things like backing out, or something similar. Launches are incredible, compared to where it started. I think the servo, shift kit, and stall made for a hell of a combination. Next vid I send you, I'll make sure you can hear the tires squealing :D

i feel bad for the trans part there. i have over half of the rebuild post done, but haven't gotten around to finish it. since we have an 02' core available to me now, i think i'll buy it and maybe start over with a full proper rebuild.

Ben, I'm not asking for trade secrets, nor Chucks secret recipe for a strong transmission. I was just asking if any simple patches will extend life, what usually breaks first, whether installing bands / clutches will make any difference in trans life. Most vendors would answer that info. Although some could say that answering those questions would hurt business, I say that it increases confidence in the vendor and can boost sales by getting your name known and respected. It just depends on how you look at it.

Ben, I'm not asking for trade secrets, nor Chucks secret recipe for a strong transmission.  I was just asking if any simple patches will extend life, what usually breaks first, whether installing bands / clutches will make any difference in trans life.  Most vendors would answer that info.  Although some could say that answering those questions would hurt business, I say that it increases confidence in the vendor and can boost sales by getting your name known and respected.  It just depends on how you look at it.

I only know what you already know so I'm not going to be of any help here. I would expect Spring time to bring with it a rash of Failing 4L65E's :puke:

:smash:

seriously, i'll try to be all the help i can. i have most of the pics i needed for the how to on the trans, but i think i may start over with one and build it with the parts it's going to take to hold up in an ss using a core from a 5.3 4L60E (4L65E's are hard to get ahold of and not that much different). hoping to get it all accomplished next month. if i get around to putting the parts together in a kit, i'll try to arrange it to help out also since most parts suppliers don't seem to be selling the correct parts to do it as it should be. it only seems the companies that know what to put into them are the one's that don't want to sell kits. either way, i can get all the shift kits, clutches, servo's, etc. just like all the other companies on here. i'd just be doing it at my cost since it'd be as a favor, not a business deal. :thumbs:

Archived