supercharger guys

for you all with superchargers can you answer me a cupple of questions: 1. did you install it yourself? 2. if so how easy was it? were the instructions easy to fallow 3. what system did you go with and how much was it? 4. can you ligit tell me how much hp/ft.lbs you got from it?

thanks dont want to drop 3,000 to 5,000 on a p.o.s. especially when im 19 and 5,000 is my life right now. :chevy:

Chemical SuperCharger :D Best Value and Best Performance.. The fastest SS's are running Laughing Gas.. excluding mine :jester:

To get the most out of the Radix you'll need

Scan Tool Software... i.e. ATAP, EASE,

A wide band

Programing LS1 Edit 550 or buy a tune from Nelson or someone 400

Plus your tranny will fail with the blower sooner than with a 100 shot if your responsible with its use IMHO

1. did you install it yourself?

Nope, had it done so I could get the optional warranty.

2. if so how easy was it? were the instructions easy to fallow

NA

3. what system did you go with and how much was it?

Magnacharger Radix $5000 + installation Others, such as Tbyrne, have it cheaper.

4. can you ligit tell me how much hp/ft.lbs you got from it?

SinisterSS and I did a comparison using EFILive data recordings from his stock and my supercharged SSs. EFILive can record a Torque reading supplied by the computer, which combined with RPM can give you HP. While I would not bet my live on the abosolute accurace of the torque numbers, relative to each other, it is a meaninful comparison. You can see there is about 200 HP added, and it kicks in right from the start.

sinisterss_hd08.jpg

thanks dont want to drop 3,000 to 5,000 on a p.o.s. especially when im 19 and 5,000 is my life right now.  :chevy:

The Radix is quality, complete kit. It does seem that more can be had from it with a custom tune (EFILIVE, LS1Edit and a O2 Sensor) but you don't have to do that to start with. You can wait till the wallet recovers and the HP bug starts bitting some more :D

Search for past threads, many on Supercharging.

With 5k being your life :P , I would not, again, would not, recommend the ATI.

Radix Magnacharger seems to be a safe bet currently.

Why? Everywhere I've checked the ATI is cheaper. Also, from what I've seen-It provides more horsepower than the radix. Granted it doesn't kick in as soon.

Chemical SuperCharger :D Best Value and Best Performance.. The fastest SS's are running Laughing Gas.. excluding mine :jester:

To get the most out of the Radix you'll need

Scan Tool Software... i.e. ATAP, EASE,

A wide band

Programing LS1 Edit 550 or buy a tune from Nelson or someone 400

Plus your tranny will fail with the blower sooner than with a 100 shot if your responsible with its use IMHO

oh yeah when its empty then im SOL. trust me i thought of laughing gas. then thought of the extra trip i make to get it filled, and more money used. in long run same price.

oh, dcairns thanks i liked that. thanks for answering all of my questions too.

With 5k being your life  :P , I would not, again, would not, recommend the ATI.

Why? Everywhere I've checked the ATI is cheaper. Also, from what I've seen-It provides more horsepower than the radix. Granted it doesn't kick in as soon.

I drove around in an Escalade EXT 6.0 H.O. with an ATI on it before getting a Radix for my Avalanche. I was underwhelmed by my drive. The Procharger didn't seem to have any effect until 4,000 RPMs or so when it finally took off. Personally, I want power now, and the Radix provides it 'now', meaning whenever I tromp on the gas. If the Radix was not an option and all that was out there was the ATI, I would get Nitrous.

Just remember Impala , Once you buy the S.C. you will want many other mods that should go with it . The 5k will be gone and there will be other things you will want . N20 would be your best bet ... You can always buy your own refill station and fill your own bottle ... The mother bottles are not that expensive and getting them filled is cheaper ... All you really need is a good scale and you can freeze the 10# bottle and gravity fill it . It works better than pumping it anyway . The pump seems to pump alot of air into the bottle :D I can get 12lbs of N20 in a 10# bottle ...Kids dont try that at home :jester: Just a thought :thumbs:

I drove around in an Escalade EXT 6.0 H.O. with an ATI on it before getting a Radix for my Avalanche. I was underwhelmed by my drive. The Procharger didn't seem to have any effect until 4,000 RPMs or so when it finally took off. Personally, I want power now, and the Radix provides it 'now', meaning whenever I tromp on the gas. If the Radix was not an option and all that was out there was the ATI, I would get Nitrous.

wow. Thanks for the info funguy. :chevy:

I have a Vortech and I love it. There very reliable, the hp increase is increadable and they look great under the hood also. It's about $4,500 for a polished Vortech supercharger/intercooler. I didn't install it myself though. Here's some pics.

452139_2.jpg

452139_6.jpg

452139_3.jpg

Just because the original purchase is cheeper, doesn't mean it will be down the road.

EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, I know, or have spoken to, has had problems of sorts w/ ATI. It is a very poorly engineered kit, that will you more money to re-engineer it in the long haul. If you are not very mechanically inclined, don't buy this kit. If your hooked on centrifigul superchargers, buy the Vortech intercooled kit. :thumbs:

Let me also say that my trip to Magnuson was enlightening from another perspective, apart from getting my truck tuned properly...I saw truckloads, and I mean TRUCKLOADS of Magnachargers leaving Magnuson's facility for destinations all over the country, and the world. One pallet was headed for the UK. These guys obviously have a good product, they are doing something right, their level and quantity of business shows it....

I have a Vortech and I love it. There very reliable, the hp increase is increadable and they look great under the hood also. It's about $4,500 for a polished Vortech supercharger/intercooler. I didn't install it myself though. Here's some pics.

452139_2.jpg

452139_6.jpg

452139_3.jpg

At what rpm's do you start to feel the boost? Have you ran it at the track yet? :chevy:

Archived