Radix installed

jbrim

First off, let me tap my hat to everyone on this sight. I've been wandering around for a few months borrowing info here and there and not giving you all the due credit deserved.

I ordered a magna radix and recieved one with a cracked maifold, so after the headache of sending it back and waiting for a new one, I finally got it installed last week. I'm not the most mechanical of individuals but with the help of a friend we found our way through magnachargers awful set of directions, and I must say it is good to be blown :jester:. Everything seems to be running good except when I go to start the truck It takes anywhere fro 2-5 seconds to turn over, it's like starting your truck after running out of fuel. My question is, is this normal, and if no, does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance from any info and thanks again for all the previous help I've recieved from everyone!!!

First off, let me tap my hat to everyone on this sight. I've been wandering around for a few months borrowing info here and there and not giving you all the due credit deserved.

I ordered a magna radix and recieved one with a cracked maifold, so after the headache of sending it back and waiting for a new one, I finally got it installed last week. I'm not the most mechanical of individuals but with the help of a friend we found our way through magnachargers awful set of directions, and I must say it is good to be blown :jester:. Everything seems to be running good except when I go to start the truck It takes anywhere fro 2-5 seconds to turn over, it's like starting your truck after running out of fuel. My question is, is this normal, and if no, does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance from any info and thanks again for all the previous help I've recieved from everyone!!!

Not the case with mine. Starts the same as it did before. Sounds like you have a problem.

Let me also say that after my experience of a Radix install, I believe that most everyone would benefit from a dial-in or custom tune of their vehicle after the install, preferably utilizing 'on-the-dyno' or 'in-the-truck' monitoring devices so changes can be assessed and tweaked after implementation.

It seems there is a Holy Trinity of tools to do this work with - LS1 Edit, AutoTap-EFILive or Ease, and a wideband O2 device. See this link for a recent discussion.

Everything seems to be running good except when I go to start the truck It takes anywhere fro 2-5 seconds to turn over, it's like starting your truck after running out of fuel. My question is, is this normal, and if no, does anyone know what might be wrong?

Let me also say that after my experience of a Radix install, I believe that most everyone would benefit from a dial-in or custom tune of their vehicle after the install, preferably utilizing 'on-the-dyno' or 'in-the-truck' monitoring devices so changes can be assessed and tweaked after implementation.

It seems there is a Holy Trinity of tools to do this work with - LS1 Edit, AutoTap-EFILive or Ease, and a wideband O2 device. See this link for a recent discussion.

FunGuy has it correct. I don't think there is a real problem, just a little tuning that could be done to help out. :thumbs:

Could you have a slow leak somewhere in your fuel system? You did a lot of work on the fuel system with your install. The only time mine has ever done that was when I released the pressure in the fuel system. Kind of like you said. I would check ALL of the fittings that I touched and all the ones on the supercharger, just to feel secure.

Archived