what do the 2007 RC 2wd silvy's with 367hp run?

HemiRamOn20s

well im thinking about trading my 04 hemi for an 07 RC 2wd silvarado with the 5.3 engine. What do they run in the 1/4 stock and with different types of mods. I looked around and couldnt find any good info. I saw they had weak dyno number because of the MDS and what not but im sure that can all be turned off with the proper tune. How is the aftermarket for these truck. Im just getting tired of my truck now and want something new and more mod friendly. I know this is on SSS.com but i know you guys can give me some opinions. whats the best forum for the new silverado also. thanks in advance, matt.

Edit post topic = i see that you cant get the 367hp engine in the RC. But what about the 5.3L engine

Edited by HemiRamOn20s (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 07' NBS is good for around a 14.9 or so stock. With only programming there is about .4 or so to be gained. From there it's easy to pick up more from bolt on's. An OBS version would be like mine. On 20's with a CAI, mild programming, and cat back exhaust I went 14.59. With the converter change I have about .3 more to pick up without changing anything other than programming and weather.

I think zippy's times are a bit optimistic. Car and Driver tested the Vortec MAX NBS Silverado in Crew Cab configuration at 15.8 at 89 MPH for the quarter mile. 0-60 was a lukewarm 7.4 seconds. The Extended Cab might be a couple of tenths faster.

Keep in mind that this is the same magazine that tested the Silverado SS with a 0-60 time of 6.3 seconds and quarter mile in 14.8 seconds at 90 MPH.

Car and Driver on new Silverado

Car and Driver on the Silverado SS

Mike

Edit: I just noticed you want the Reg cab 5.3. I would expect the weight savings to offset the power difference about equally, so you'd be about the same or a bit slower than the Vortec MAX.

Edit again: You say 367 HP, but you also say 5.3??? I be confused. The 5.3 does not have 367 HP, the Vortec MAX does.

Edit three: O.K. I see your edit. See my first edit LOL.

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

another hemi guy wishing he went chevy. :jester: you making a good choice. i don't know much about 5.3's, but 6.0's run shit.

no im just bored of my truck. i could make my truck alot faster but then im going to need alot of $$. everyone knows the aftermarket for the hemi's suck and the chevy's 5.3L has a million mods. Not to mention the computers on the dodge trucks. with an intake on a chevy you get like 15hp with my intake i got like 2. lol. I hit a 13.7 in my truck with just bolt ons and to open up the motor to do cam's/heads etc im going to need alot of money. then ill need a 2k new tranny because mine doenst have many miles left on it as it is. Might as well buy a new truck. My dad and mom only own GM vehicles, my dad was mad when i bought a ram. Dont get me wrong i love my dodge. But i get bored easily. lol

I think zippy's times are a bit optimistic. Car and Driver tested the Vortec MAX NBS Silverado in Crew Cab configuration at 15.8 at 89 MPH for the quarter mile. 0-60 was a lukewarm 7.4 seconds. The Extended Cab might be a couple of tenths faster.Keep in mind that this is the same magazine that tested the Silverado SS with a 0-60 time of 6.3 seconds and quarter mile in 14.8 seconds at 90 MPH.

Car and Driver on new Silverado

Car and Driver on the Silverado SS

Mike

Edit: I just noticed you want the Reg cab 5.3. I would expect the weight savings to offset the power difference about equally, so you'd be about the same or a bit slower than the Vortec MAX.

Edit again: You say 367 HP, but you also say 5.3??? I be confused. The 5.3 does not have 367 HP, the Vortec MAX does.

Edit three: O.K. I see your edit. See my first edit LOL.

Those magazines are rarely right when it comes to track times. My truck was running 15.3X's bone stock and 15.0X with CIA and shorty headers (no tune). The NNBS have a little more horsepower than mine did stock. I agree with Zippy about the times as I have personally seen guys run there bone stock NNBS RCSB trucks and pull off 14.8's-14.9's. With a good tune, CAI, and exhaust setup I see no reason that one can't pull off a 14.25 or so.

no im just bored of my truck. i could make my truck alot faster but then im going to need alot of $$. everyone knows the aftermarket for the hemi's suck and the chevy's 5.3L has a million mods. Not to mention the computers on the dodge trucks. with an intake on a chevy you get like 15hp with my intake i got like 2. lol. I hit a 13.7 in my truck with just bolt ons and to open up the motor to do cam's/heads etc im going to need alot of money. then ill need a 2k new tranny because mine doenst have many miles left on it as it is. Might as well buy a new truck. My dad and mom only own GM vehicles, my dad was mad when i bought a ram. Dont get me wrong i love my dodge. But i get bored easily. lol

I agree with your idea. It is so much easier to play with a Chevy/GMC just do to what is available. It's good to see that you enjoy both brands. :thumbs:

I agree with your idea. It is so much easier to play with a Chevy/GMC just do to what is available. It's good to see that you enjoy both brands. :thumbs:

im thinking a RC SB 5.3 2wd. With LTs, exhaust cutouts, Torque converter, intake, radix SC with 2.8 pulley and a good tune should find me 12s with traction.

im thinking a RC SB 5.3 2wd. With LTs, exhaust cutouts, Torque converter, intake, radix SC with 2.8 pulley and a good tune should find me 12s with traction.

Yeah, that should go 12's without even having to work at it.

No LT's, no cutout, no converter, 3.3 pulley, and off idle launches=12.9X's :devil:

I'm shooting for 11's with my 5.3 (stock longblock) :ughdance:

Just an FYI, I don't think a 5.3 can handle a 2.8 pulley, I could be wrong though.

nice....what are all of your mods? how is your tranny holding up and do you have any vette servos etc in it?

I ran a 14.9 with a mail order 87 tune and a Flowmaster catback if that helps your decision.

Fordsareslow - when are the new times with new mods coming? :D

my hemi ran a 14.1@95 with intake, headers, superchips, and a torque converter. and that was on 22s

with exhaust cutout and 17s all the way around i ran a 13.7@96 in hotter weather

Edited by HemiRamOn20s (see edit history)