New cam review

Well guys I finally have all of my bugs worked out with the new cam. Engine light is out and I have about 100 miles on it so the truck is running fine again. It is almost like hitting a switch at 100 miles, all of the sudden the truck drives fine again. No stalling drives nice and smooth.

Ok here is the good news. I was pulling out onto the street at lunch today and really got on it for the first time. All I can say is :eek:. My truck just took off. I am used to that because of the Magnacharger but not like this. I hit about 4500/5000 rpm's and it pulled HARD. It shifted gears hard and actually made the truck go a little sideways on the shift. Needless to say I am really happy with it and once I get this thing tuned will be done with mods for at least a week or two.

will be done with mods for at least a week or two.

....SLACKER! :jester:

About time you posted some "good" news about your install. Can we call you a wrenchhead now? (Is that hypenated?) Glad to see you're happy :thumbs:

Well that is after the torque converter. :D

Man that great. I'm glad that it started to act right. Ben was getting ready to change you name to "Mr. BadWrench".

So I guess you can finally see that upper rpm power I was trying to tell you about. :D Such a huge increase in power, for about the same amount of $$$ that guys are paying for little bolt-ons that can't be felt in the seat-of-the-pants. With a cam install, you can FEEL the difference.

Did you reload the programmer to clear the codes?

Go get 'em tiger.

Richard

Man that great. I'm glad that it started to act right. Ben was getting ready to change you name to "Mr. BadWrench".

So I guess you can finally see that upper rpm power I was trying to tell you about. :D Such a huge increase in power, for about the same amount of $$$ that guys are paying for little bolt-ons that can't be felt in the seat-of-the-pants. With a cam install, you can FEEL the difference.

Did you reload the programmer to clear the codes?

Go get 'em tiger.

Richard

Oh damn, "Mr BadWrench", that's a good one. I am getting better, honest.....

Your right. I was skeptical about the upper band power. I didn't think I would feel it on top of the Radix, but I definately did. All I can say is I am a believer, and a promoter of the cam now.

Yea, I reloaded the handheld to clear the codes. The one about the IAT sensor popped back on and I discovered my splice that I did with the Radix had broken. I fixed that and the light is off.

All I can say Richard is I wish I had jumped on the cam bandwagon months ago when you were saying to do it.

If anyone is interested in this specific cam, I will be taking mine and replacing with a custom cam in about 3 weeks. I also have the Comp Cams 915 springs. They have a total of around 7k miles on them, 2 of which was in my truck. Truck does not require a PCM change with this cam. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Idle is fairly smooth, with a little lope.

Low end should remain nearly the same.

The cam makes a lot of power around the 5k range.

A custom tune should allow you to take full advantage of this cam, but you need to get it in there first.

Archived