T-56 Swap Underway!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gettin closer.... i ran her WOT today, im still smiling :D:wub: wow first gear is a monster, and its not too short at all. only thing is i think this clutch is gunna be checkin out in a few months. got the shifter in the ideal position, but the cupholder thing wont fit yet, so no pictures yet. i dont want you guys to see my ghetto ass shifter LOL. and i dont want you guys to see my column shifter is still on lmao (honestly i like to use it as a wrist rest for messing with the radio :P ) once i get it all wired up, cant wait to go to the track (drako, outsource- its track rental time :flag: )

it will be interesting to see what you run. i know the t 56 camaro;s are a little slower than the a4 ones just because a auto trans will always shift faster. did you get any runs at the 1320 with the 4l65? it would an interesting comparison with the same mods.

it will be interesting to see what you run. i know the t 56 camaro;s are a little slower than the a4 ones just because a auto trans will always shift faster. did you get any runs at the 1320 with the 4l65? it would an interesting comparison with the same mods.

what you talking about willis? a good driver will shift right along the side of a properly built A4. now ppl that cant drive for shit will be slower then any auto

what you talking about willis? a good driver will shift right along the side of a properly built A4. now ppl that cant drive for shit will be slower then any auto

:withstupid: .

Only in the past few years have times been quicker on an auto with the high end sports cars. (And now even quicker with paddle shift)

Of course that is only with the SICK manual drivers.

gettin closer.... i ran her WOT today, im still smiling :D:wub: wow first gear is a monster, and its not too short at all. only thing is i think this clutch is gunna be checkin out in a few months. got the shifter in the ideal position, but the cupholder thing wont fit yet, so no pictures yet. i dont want you guys to see my ghetto ass shifter LOL. and i dont want you guys to see my column shifter is still on lmao (honestly i like to use it as a wrist rest for messing with the radio :P ) once i get it all wired up, cant wait to go to the track (drako, outsource- its track rental time :flag: )

I'm ready when you are Dr. Jones. :driving:

nope, no track times. everytime id get ready to head up to the track, the damn slushbox would break. :mad: plus id only get one pull and they would throw me out cause i dont meet half the requirments LOL. "geee its just a 5.3 with an eaton on say 3 or 4 lbs; id say no faster than 13.5 sir" :rolleyes::lol:

lucky for me i can shift lol. but i know what you mean about the quicker shifting. a well built 65e will always be a few tenths of a second quicker (does not apply to quiks proshifted tranny). however, IMO the gear ratios are much better, and that will well make up for, and improve on, the 1/4 time. not to mention it hooks alot better now.....

nope, no track times. everytime id get ready to head up to the track, the damn slushbox would break. :mad: plus id only get one pull and they would throw me out cause i dont meet half the requirments LOL. "geee its just a 5.3 with an eaton on say 3 or 4 lbs; id say no faster than 13.5 sir" :rolleyes::lol:

lucky for me i can shift lol. but i know what you mean about the quicker shifting. a well built 65e will always be a few tenths of a second quicker (does not apply to quiks proshifted tranny). however, IMO the gear ratios are much better, and that will well make up for, and improve on, the 1/4 time. not to mention it hooks alot better now.....

dont need a proshifted trans to shift fast. watch any video of me driving a stick car and youll notice it sounds just like an auto shifting. theres plenty of ppl out there that will hand out asswhompin's in manuals and theres plenty of ppl that cant even operate an auto

dont need a proshifted trans to shift fast. watch any video of me driving a stick car and youll notice it sounds just like an auto shifting. theres plenty of ppl out there that will hand out asswhompin's in manuals and theres plenty of ppl that cant even operate an auto

yeah, but how many shift knob's have you busted off and how many times have you decked the dash? :jester:

yeah, but how many shift knob's have you busted off and how many times have you decked the dash? :jester:

no shift knobs, one time slipped and hit dash. [grease on hands] aftermarket shifters help from going to far forward

very nice. glad to hear its running. how hard was the swap?? i rember my uncle did a swap from a manual to a automatic but he never did it vice versa so i would like to know. i wish my truck was manual but then i remeber how much i hate driving manual in trafic.