T-56 Swap Underway!

well all parts are here, truck is nearly immovable.... so let the swap begin! im limping her down to the shop in an hour or so to begin; and yes, i have my camera :) ill make sure to take lots of pictures. also, once this is installed and working, my proxies are gunna need prayer :crackup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P im planning on using the ssr clutch and flywheel.... its heavy duty (and heavy) as a mofo; i figured hey they beefed the tranny up so much, they mustve put a hell of a clutch in right? but honestly i already know that not many clutches are gunna stand up to a 550whp 5200lb truck, period. and since this is my daily, i cant go putting some crazy clutch in. (watch when i do, my left leg becomes jacked! lamo)

sorry bout the pics, i didnt get down to the shop. been working on my new a/v setup at the house :rolleyes: i gotta show you guys some of it, i put a marine car system in my shower LOL

P im planning on using the ssr clutch and flywheel.... its heavy duty (and heavy) as a mofo; i figured hey they beefed the tranny up so much, they mustve put a hell of a clutch in right? but honestly i already know that not many clutches are gunna stand up to a 550whp 5200lb truck, period. and since this is my daily, i cant go putting some crazy clutch in. (watch when i do, my left leg becomes jacked! lamo)

sorry bout the pics, i didnt get down to the shop. been working on my new a/v setup at the house :rolleyes: i gotta show you guys some of it, i put a marine car system in my shower LOL

Dude.....that is badass!

im at the shop right now.... got all the auto shit out, the new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate in and T56 mounted. got the hole cut for the shifter, just need to reassymble the console. all i really have left to do is the clutch pedal and the shifter rod. then we are home free ;) im gunna get some pictures up later

ok got alot done today. found a billet yoke that fit my larger output shaft, had to make my own hydaulic clutch line, custom fit a steeda cobra shifter rod, and reinstalled everything, wired it all up. all left to do is drill the firewall and install the pedal and master.

ok got alot done today. found a billet yoke that fit my larger output shaft, had to make my own hydaulic clutch line, custom fit a steeda cobra shifter rod, and reinstalled everything, wired it all up. all left to do is drill the firewall and install the pedal and master.

wow man good work. id love to see the pics of it!

its running! i drove it home tonight. but unfortunately i have to break the clutch in for 200 miles or so. i did get on it a little, maybe 70% throttle in 2nd at about 3k rpm, and it got sideways immediatly :) i love this thing now, its awesome. i still need to adjust the master cylinder just how i want it, (which is a BITCH), fab some more steel to get my shifter perfect (so i can install boot and cupholders, pictures included ;) ), and fix a few vibrations. also need a manual trans brake pedal, i cut the auto one and put the manual pad on it, but its set back farther.

turns out my forward sprag is completely destroyed, and my sonnax redband is done for. my slushbox was so bad, there were metal shavings on the output shaft! oh ya, and sorry bout the pics...... i left my camera in the G :banghead: stupid storage compartments