T-56 Swap Underway!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

camera is still in the G :( i even drove it yesterday, im a freekin retard lol.

got alot done today on the truck. worked on a nice tune, finally took the column shifter out, made my final shifter rod, and cut the cupholder thingy out. now all i need is a nice momo boot, a column shifter cover, finish up wiring, and get my adjustable master cylinder done ;) im a picky sob when it comes to the shifter and clutch. i PROMISE i will get pictures when its all completed and non-hoodrich, which should be by saturday for sure

kyle the swap isnt all that hard, but it definatly takes a fair ammount of mechanical experince. IMO it would be much easier on a rcsb... also the least options, the easier it is

nope, no track times. everytime id get ready to head up to the track, the damn slushbox would break. :mad: plus id only get one pull and they would throw me out cause i dont meet half the requirments LOL. "geee its just a 5.3 with an eaton on say 3 or 4 lbs; id say no faster than 13.5 sir" :rolleyes::lol:

lucky for me i can shift lol. but i know what you mean about the quicker shifting. a well built 65e will always be a few tenths of a second quicker (does not apply to quiks proshifted tranny). however, IMO the gear ratios are much better, and that will well make up for, and improve on, the 1/4 time. not to mention it hooks alot better now.....

John glad to hear that you have everything functioning properly, and all you need to do is some cosmetic stuff. I went with Mario today to DLM and gave him a deposit for the Paxton. I have a tentative appointment with him in about 3 weeks for the install blower, custom heat exchanger, catless mids, meth/water injection, and tune (maybe do the flywheel and clutch). So by the end of June my truck should be done. We're figuring that we should be in the 620-650 rwhp nieghborhood. Once its done I call you up to go to track and run them heads up, and we'll have Mario video the runs.

John glad to hear that you have everything functioning properly, and all you need to do is some cosmetic stuff. I went with Mario today to DLM and gave him a deposit for the Paxton. I have a tentative appointment with him in about 3 weeks for the install blower, custom heat exchanger, catless mids, meth/water injection, and tune (maybe do the flywheel and clutch). So by the end of June my truck should be done. We're figuring that we should be in the 620-650 rwhp nieghborhood. Once its done I call you up to go to track and run them heads up, and we'll have Mario video the runs.

sounds like that will be a good race

damn alex that is gunna be a good race. but then again, youd have more power and less wieght than me. o well man, this only means one thing..... just have to op for the mp122 sooner and get that N20 thats been in my bed, under the hood :driving::jester:

i bought a momo boot today ($$$) and thought it would fit. well it didnt, so now i gotta go get another boot and another cupholder assymbly.

damn alex that is gunna be a good race. but then again, youd have more power and less wieght than me. o well man, this only means one thing..... just have to op for the mp122 sooner and get that N20 thats been in my bed, under the hood :driving::jester:

I think it will be a pretty good race remember my truck ain't a light weight she 6300 lbs, and we just about even out when we sit on our trucks :jester: . No need to get all hostile "this only means one thing..... just have to op for the mp122 sooner and get that N20 thats been in my bed, under the hood :driving::jester: " just some friendly competion, in all honesty I just couldn't let Outsource get the blower before me. I would have never heard the end of it, so I had to it keep him in my rear view mirror at all times. Sorry buddy :yellow_loser:

I think it will be a pretty good race remember my truck ain't a light weight she 6300 lbs, and we just about even out when we sit on our trucks :jester: . No need to get all hostile "this only means one thing..... just have to op for the mp122 sooner and get that N20 thats been in my bed, under the hood :driving::jester: " just some friendly competion, in all honesty I just couldn't let Outsource get the blower before me. I would have never heard the end of it, so I had to it keep him in my rear view mirror at all times. Sorry buddy :yellow_loser:

of course i know your not trying me lol. im just playin with ya, im not that competitive. sorry man didnt need to come off hostile, and i know your goal was to keep mario behind you LOL. i dont think he is gunna let that happen either tho ;) im not supposed to tell you this yet, but mario ordered a LPE twin turbo kit from me!!!!!

my money is on the SS. whats up with the pics?

tomorrow, im one hell of a procrastinator LOL. gunna dyno and finish wiring tomorrow, and got my boot and momo nob on today :)