Liberal Media

MN C5

Do you think that the coverage can affect progress?

Does negative Marketing Work?

How much does the Liberal media spend promoting the Terrorists?

Is the Liberal Media at Fault or are they Just Covering the Easy Stuff.

Will their Coverage end up Costing MORE AMERICAN Lifes?

How Many of you guys feel for the French & Germans ect.. for being left out of the prime contract offerings in Iraq

My Rant

What about the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people that died at the hands of Saddam Hussein. They weren't Americans so should it matter? (I think it should). Just the fact that we put American Life’s in harms way for others is what makes US BETTER THAN THE FRENCH< GERMAN's and THE LIBERALS.

Think about it how much would it cost to buy the Marketing provided by the Liberal American Media for OBL and the Taliban? Everything they do is front-page advertising. CNN, CNBC, CBS, ABC, even FOX. If you were over there watching our media coverage you'd think we were loosing. If there even 30 seconds a day given to even the smallest victory relating to our troops between CNN, CNBC, CBS, ABC and FOX? I don't think you could find 30 seconds per week.

Just put yourself in the place of the average Iraqi. You know that certain people in you neighborhood will kill you and your kids if you help the U.S. And then you watch the Media recycle every AMERICAN set back possible over and over on your SAT TV. The media coverage is the best weapon the other side has.

Pulling out, what an insult to those that gave their life. God Bless them all

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the content of an e-mail I received last week.

A good read.

Subject: Things the news don't tell you.......

The REAL story about progress in Iraq

Since May 1st

"Since President Bush declared an end to major combat on May 1..."

.... the first battalion of the new Iraqi Army has graduated and is on

active duty.

.... over 60,000 Iraqis now provide security to their fellow citizens.

.... nearly all of Iraq's 400 courts are functioning.

.... the Iraqi judiciary is fully independent.

.... on Monday, October 6 power generation hit 4,518 megawatts-exceeding the prewar average.

.... all 22 universities and 43 technical institutes and colleges are open,

as are nearly all primary and secondary schools.

.... by October 1, Coalition forces had rehabbed over 1,500 schools - 500 more than their target.

.... teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former salaries.

.... all 240 hospitals and more than 1200 clinics are open.

.... doctors salaries are at least eight times what they were under Saddam.

.... pharmaceutical distribution has gone from essentially nothing to 700

tons in May to a current total of 12,000 tons.

.... the Coalition has helped administer over 22 million vaccination doses to Iraq's children.

.... a Coalition program has cleared over 14,000 kilometers of Iraq's 27,000 kilometers of weed-choked canals. They now irrigate tens of thousands of farms. This project has created jobs for more than 100,000 Iraqi men and women.

.... we have restored over three-quarters of prewar telephone services and over two-thirds of the potable water production.

.... there are 4,900 full-service connections. We expect 50,000 by 1 January.

.... the wheels of commerce are turning. From bicycles to satellite dishes to cars and trucks, businesses are coming to life in all major cities and towns.

.... 95 percent of all prewar bank customers have service and first-time

customers are opening accounts daily.

.... Iraqi banks are making loans to finance businesses.

.... the central bank is fully independent.

.... Iraq has one of the worlds most growth-oriented investment and banking laws.

.... Iraq has a single, unified currency for the first time in 15 years.

.... satellite dishes are legal.

.... foreign journalists aren't on 10-day visas paying mandatory and

extortionate fees to the Ministry of Information for minders and other

government spies.

.... there is no Ministry of Information.

.... there are more than 170 newspapers.

.... you can buy satellite dishes on what seems like every street corner.

.... foreign journalists and everyone else are free to come and go.

.... a nation that had not one single element-legislative, judicial or

executive-- of a representative government, now does.

.... in Baghdad alone residents have selected 88 advisory councils.

Baghdad's first democratic transfer of power in 35 years happened when the city council elected its new chairman.

.... today in Iraq chambers of commerce, business, school and professional organizations are electing their leaders all over the country.

.... 25 ministers, selected by the most representative governing body in

Iraq's history, run the day-to-day business of government.

.... the Iraqi government regularly participates in international events.

Since July the Iraqi government has been represented in over two dozen international meetings, including those of the UN General Assembly, the Arab League, the World Bank and IMF and, today, the Islamic Conference Summit. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs today announced that it is reopening over 30 Iraqi embassies around the world.

.... Shia religious festivals that were all but banned, are now being held.

.... for the first time in 35 years, in Karbala thousands of Shiites

celebrate the pilgrimage of the 12th Imam.

.... the Coalition has completed over 13,000 reconstruction projects, large and small, as part of (a) strategic plan for the reconstruction of Iraq.

.... Uday and Queasy are dead - and no longer feeding innocent Iraqis to his zoo lions, raping the young daughters of local leaders to force

cooperation, torturing Iraq's soccer players for losing games... murdering critics.

.... children aren't imprisoned or murdered when their parents disagree with the government.

.... political opponents aren't imprisoned, tortured, executed, maimed, or are forced to watch their families die for disagreeing with Saddam.

.... millions of longsuffering Iraqis no longer live in perpetual terror.

.... Saudis will hold municipal elections.

.... Qatar is reforming education to give more choices to parents.

.... Jordan is accelerating market economic reforms.

.... the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded for the first time to an Iranian --

a Muslim woman who speaks out with courage for human rights, for democracy and for peace.

....Since President Bush declared an end to major combat on May 1 ... he has not faltered or failed.

.... Saddam is gone.

.... Iraq is free.

.... None of this information has been published by the Press corps that

prides itself on bring you all the news that's important.

Iraq under US lead control has come farther in 6 months than Germany did in 7 years -- or Japan did in 9 years following WWII. Military deaths from fanatic Nazi's, Japanese and their supporters numbered in the thousands and lasted for over 3.5 years after victory was declared.

Think for a moment!

If everyone in the City of New York went on a rampage and looted every

store, museum, office building, hospital and home. Stole everything that

had any value at all such as light fixtures, water pipes, power lines,

telephone cords, copper tubing or line wherever it was found, and damaged or destroyed everything it was connected to.

How long would it take for non-english speaking soldiers to repair

everything back to order and how much cooperation do think they would get?

How much would it cost?

Now add in the fact that they are also responsible for accidently killing

some of your relatives during their attempt to help you.

Take in to account that they are creating a new form of government that no one is used to and that changes the way you have been raised your entire life.

Take in to account that the other english speaking countries of the world

are against the new government that is being established.

Take into account that almost every democratic leader in the House and Senate has fought President Bush on just about every aspect of his

handling of this countries War and reconstruction and continues to claim what a failure this conflict has been.

Taking everything into consideration, even the unfortunate loss of our sons and daughters in this conflict, do you think anyone else in the world could have accomplished as much as the United States and the Bush administration in so short a period of time time?

Think about it.

:flag: I did not want to jump in this one but, I feel for every family that is missing their son/daughter this christmas. IF People are not dying, ok. BUT last I remember our good guys are gettting killed. If your son/daughter was fighting for america, would it matter...would it matter if some U.S. business man/company was going to profit :confused: ...would it matter if sadamm and bin lady were but buddies...would it matter if your family could be together, your son home, your daughter home for christmas.

Liberal, consiverative, whatever! Change the channel, hear what you want but our people are dying. FOr whatever reason. I dont think it is because the world does not fear us, we kicked butt. Bring em' home. We can spend that money on our schools. When will we learn that we HAVE/MUST to figure out how to live on this planet and keep it healthy, and insure the longevity of our species we must not play into this lives=money.

We the people...need to raise our level of understanding, science has proven alot...we can destroy life, and we cannot bring it back.

I hope that everyone with a 40k sprot truck does not fall into this Conservative mind set of blame and dodge. Man up and take responsibilty, Just dont try to blame the liberals for being far from home-last i recall the decision to goto was was conservative...the decision to end the war was conservative...the idea to fund the war was conservative...the people who will profit from this war will be conservative :confused:

Not trying to be a flame but someone need to voice the other side, every SSS owner is not blaming some news media...stop watching...it has long disappeared the nutral media? When oprah can tell larry king that she does not want political office because she can reach more people thruough her show :wtf: so she can have more affect on AIDS from her show that if she was a senator? SHe can help more of our people than our politicans? how sad.

just bring em' home

I know it is dangerous to state this other side, just dont key another sss in anger :(

I still LOVE my SSS

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

:chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

I think this is something we needed to do. What about the people of 9/11 do you think they would agree with our policies if given the chance? I think they would. Think about this for a moment. If you were Saddam and you were beaten down by the Coalition Forces led by USA would you not retaliate in a way that you got some satisfaction from it. (Funding terrorism) I beleive that he had his hand in that cookie jar from day one. It just so happened that we had a president this time around with a set of balls that would not stand for it. We each have or own opinions of everything in life and this is just my opinion. I stand behind what my president is doing now and i stood behind what he was doing then. FREEDOM ISNT FREE

if we do not step up to the plate as we did and try to solve some problems abroad there won't be anything worht saving at home in the years to come...yeah it would be great to put the money towards schools here or fixing domestic problems...but if we do not lend a hand to other counrties they are just going to continue to fight each other and eventually bring the war to us..as they did 9/11...or once all of these coutries fail economically we can welcome their refugees with open arms - not on my watch...there are too many people leeching off our hard earned dollars already in this country...help them with their homelands so everyone can prosper...helping them will help us...however many billion dollars today will save trillions tomorrow...

and so what about the government contracts...our economy is benefiting from them...and maybe only select firms...but that is what happens in every type of business...you give the work to your friends or your favorites...but the economies of iraq and afganistan are also benefiting from the rebuiling of thei countries and economies...

and for all of those whom are serving hats off to them...for all those that have died, let them know it was for something...stand behind the decision that have been made...be proud to be an american...be proud that you can drive around a $40k truck...be proud that you have a roof over your head...but know that in receiving these things through your hard work a little is owed to those that do not have a chance...give other countries a chance to do the same for their people under good and just leadership...give them HOPE!!!

IF People are not dying, ok.  BUT last I remember our good guys are getting killed.

I don't know why you liberals have such a hard time understanding. We all want them to Come Home Soon. No one wants any of the good guys to die ! Iraqi or American.

don’t think it is because the world does not fear us, we kicked butt. Bring em' home. We can spend that money on our schools. When will we learn that we HAVE/MUST to figure out how to live on this planet and keep it healthy, and insure the longevity of our species we must not play into this lives=money.

The liberal rub, on one hand you worry about what the rest of the world thinks of the United States. On the other hand you say leave them to themselves and we should keep our money for ourselves. But its unfair in the liberal eye to not give the French, German, Russian equal opportunity to capture our Tax dollars for rebuilding Iraq :confused:

Just don’t try to blame the liberals for being far from home-last i recall the decision to go to was conservative...the decision to end the war was conservative...the idea to fund the war was conservative...the people who will profit from this war will be conservative

Remember where the first war was ? Heaven. It's unrealistic to think we will ever just live in peace. Periods of piece come and go and we can either let war come to us or go to it.

I'm not sure your counting is accurate though.. The senate vote wasn't down party lines. Ignoring the hoodlum down the block won't make him go away.

You have a right to your views and having a healthy discussion brings out better idea's. But most of the liberials don't have a plan to discuss, they just complain about the status quo and somehow think their smarter for it.

DetJoe You've got to be a school teacher or something ? Or you work for the government in some way shape or form. Just a guess

:flag: This War, Conflict, Occupation will go on for years. Get used to it. We can't leave Iraq until we can justify that we have affected the leadership, and caused the country to fend for themselves.

Been there, Done that, got the medals and the T-shirt.

Army Vet 28 years.

By the grace of God, we live in a nation that has the fairest, most complete set of "Checks and Balances". This even applies to Iraq.

I beleive it was meant to be that President Clinton was to provide 8 years of passive involvement. Just as President Bush now uses an active approach to dealing with Iraq. I cannot complain.

God Bless America :flag:

I am Proud to say, as of Dec. 12th my son Brian has raised his right hand and pledged the Oath to defend our country. :flag:

Here's my 2 cents, for what it's worth: First, I would like to say to all those who serve; Thank You! :flag:

It seeems to me that we only hear the small percentage of people that don't agree with the stance in Iraq. Don't believe the polls on the news that more people are against us continueing occupation in Iraq. The media has a way of twisting their questions when taking the polls to get the result that makes the most interesting news. Thats their business, It makes them money.

Next, If you haven't noticed, this forum is a freedom. If you love your freedom, start thinking about what it took to get us here. I know I do. Imagine a country where not only would this forum and the internet in general be illegal, but you could be executed for talking to your neighbor about changing the way things are. Most of the time, without proof. It takes alot to get to the point we are at today. This is what Iraq is going through and they need the support of every country in the world to succeed. If that takes military support, then why shouldn't we? Our country took an oath to defend freemdom. Wherever people are oppressed.

Try to look at this like this. A liberal wants to give someone their freedom. A conservative wants to show them how to appreciate and earn their freedom. Same result, but the long lasting effects of appreciation will withstand attacks from a ruler that only wants to undermine that society and Democracy in general.

I know that men and women are dying in Iraq. And alot of people believe we don't have a valid reason for being there. I believe we do, and if I could go I would. Without hesitation. Knowing that someday some punk kid will be sitting at his computer with a $40k trucking in the driveway writing about appreciating those gave for the price of freedom. Thanks for listening. :smash::smash::smash:

Archived