comp cam

adams2003

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and slimsoftball have gone with Comp Cam 54-412-11. The specs are: 212 / 218, .522/.529, 114 LSA. Both he and myself have had pretty good results from this cam, even with the Radix supercharger. Read his last thread involving the cam for his experience with the power gains.

Although your setup is different than ours, I'm sure this cam would be good for you, as well. Our cam experts can verify that. This cam will make most of it's power around the 5k range and you can feel the power ramp up really quick in that area. It would seem to me that that characteristic, would work well with a centrifugal setup. Again, not an expert opinion.

I think the price of the cam is around $380. It will require new springs and they will run you around $130. You can get them from most places. Tbyrne sells them. If you are interested, mine, including springs, comes out in about 2 weeks. Shoot me a PM if you want.

Anybody know of a cam that makes the most of its power around mid range, maybe low end too? The cam seems nice, but I wouldn't want to wait all the way till 5k for the power. :chevy:

Go here.

COMP Catalog

Go to the second page. At the left is a description of each cams performance.

Anybody know of a cam that makes the most of its power around mid range, maybe low end too? The cam seems nice, but I wouldn't want to wait all the way till 5k for the power. :chevy:

Refer to the Comp Cams description of that particular cam.

Archived