Are Kumho STX tires any good?

SSThunder

I plan to add new rims/tires soon and the guy I'm buying the rims from has these tires for $500 for 4. Seems cheap for 20". Anybody know if this is a good tire or not. I don't want a cheap tire on my SS. I've got many mods and I don't need a blow out from running the SS hard. Any other brand of tires you guys recommend?

Thanks, Jeremy

i dont have kuhmos on my truck yet but i plan on getting em on my 22's when i get them. We did have kuhmos on our 96 cobra convertible which they handled really well but i could play around when i was in the mood.

• 2 years later...

I read that the tires (the Kumhos) are very loud in high speeds. Im getting a set for $507, so i hope its not too bad. Any updates on these? Is the noise too loud?

I coulda had a set of pirelli strs for roughly the same price, but the tire maing said that the Kumhos have a better speed rating.

I like my Kumho's, but are a little iffy in the snow. Then again, I haven't driven this truck with any other tires to compare to in the snow.

I had Coopers on a previous truck. They started off good, but the performance faded after 12k miles.

I currently have the STXs on my truck and the only complaint I have is they're not uni-directional so I can't rotate them from side to side. Definately a good all around tire for these trucks. A buddy of mine bought the Nexen that looks almost identical to it and it's have performed very well for him.

I have roughyl 17k miles on my set of STX Khumo's and they are great warm weather tires. Coming from the Goodyear OEM's though, I wish I had the goodyears in the snow. Grip is alot less in the winter white stuff. The truck is more prone to lose traction. In the rain or on dry pavement, they are great. They do hook better on hole shots as well with the awd.