Are Kumho STX tires any good?

SSThunder

I just bought my second set for the SS. First set ran a bit over 30,000 miles BUT i drive my vehicle at work over very poor gravel roads which take their toll on any tire I've run. Even with off road tires on my Toyota 4x4 I run about 30,000 to 32,000 miles out of a set. I like them and for the price dont think you can beat them. Ran the firts set in the winter when they were new and they did OK (western PA winter). i'm running a winter tread now to get something a bit more narrow - The wider ones float too much in slush.

Forget that tire. Its a cheap tire people. Save your money and get some BGF's for a lil more. I currently have NITTO's 420's(Toyo's tire)and i cant say much about them. Literally went from my shop home and truck has been parked for 2 months now. I'm even thinking of going with some 18's just so i can have BFG since they don't make them in my size anymore.

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

Forget that tire. Its a cheap tire people. Save your money and get some BGF's for a lil more. I currently have NITTO's 420's(Toyo's tire)and i cant say much about them. Literally went from my shop home and truck has been parked for 2 months now. I'm even thinking of going with some 18's just so i can have BFG since they don't make them in my size anymore.

Cheap tire?? So are nittos 420, I could have bought nitto's from discoun t for less.

• 9 months later...

I have had Toyo proxes but I think they are not made in Japan anymore. I think they went to asia. Heard they are not the quaility tire they use to be. Had Nexens roadians . Loved them but they had a little road noise . Both of these sets of tires were V rated directional tires. My current set is Falkens st04,s. Quiet but not too good in snow. Wearing good. Good ride and fair on tractions. H rated non directional. I run 285/60/18 tires.