Transgo shift kit

To be honest, not sure if there is a straight Transgo kit. All I know is I have the Transgo-HD. I more than happy with the results. Firmer shift, yet not teeth rattling, which was my worry. My wife didn't even want to drive my last truck. You can set it up for how firm a shift you want. From soft to bone shattering (zippy shift). I'd get the HD kit.

Now the only problem is finding the Transgo-HD kit. I have been to every website on the entire internet (OK, maybe not all of them) and have not once seen mention of an HD kit. Sure would like a part number from a specific place.

Please. ;)

The part number I show on my directions is 4L60E-HD2-B. I cannot find that part number on the internet without dropping the "B". I guess the "B" must mean Ben or Brent, since we are the only ones with it? :jester: Try going to Transgo to find, or call the places that have the Transgo kits. Tbyrne may have - not sure. Allen made some calls to put mine together, as he has posted.

The part number I show on my directions is 4L60E-HD2-B.  I cannot find that part number on the internet without dropping the "B".  I guess the "B" must mean Ben or Brent, since we are the only ones with it? :jester:  Try going to Transgo to find, or call the places that have the Transgo kits.  Tbyrne may have - not sure.  Allen made some calls to put mine together, as he has posted.

No ideas what the part number is... i called Allen at Nelson Performance.... he said this is the kit to make the tranny shift like it should!!! I said OK. next weekend, I am standing with him and Joe and they are tearing things apart and putting stuff together. I pay the man, and drive away, HAPPY. Then I get the computer tuning with Nelson Performance! Custom tune for my truck after monitoring the truck run for nearly an hour over hills, with wot, and highway and around town driving. MUCHO BUENO. (sorry if I messed up the spanish. I only mean that he did a fantastic job of tuning my truck!)

But I agree that the B is definitely Ben or Brent! We stepped out there! After tuning, this is the best mod I have done :D Wait till Joe does his thing with the 2-3 shift that he wants on my truck.

You know, It's all about dialing it up another notch.

The part number I show on my directions is 4L60E-HD2-B.  I cannot find that part number on the internet without dropping the "B".  I guess the "B" must mean Ben or Brent, since we are the only ones with it? :jester:  Try going to Transgo to find, or call the places that have the Transgo kits.  Tbyrne may have - not sure.  Allen made some calls to put mine together, as he has posted.

No ideas what the part number is... i called Allen at Nelson Performance.... he said this is the kit to make the tranny shift like it should!!! I said OK. next weekend, I am standing with him and Joe and they are tearing things apart and putting stuff together. I pay the man, and drive away, HAPPY. Then I get the computer tuning with Nelson Performance! Custom tune for my truck after monitoring the truck run for nearly an hour over hills, with wot, and highway and around town driving. MUCHO BUENO. (sorry if I messed up the spanish. I only mean that he did a fantastic job of tuning my truck!)

But I agree that the B is definitely Ben or Brent! We stepped out there! After tuning, this is the best mod I have done :D Wait till Joe does his thing with the 2-3 shift that he wants on my truck.

I hear ya MustBBrent, I will be down there on the 10th of Jan for a tune. I talked to Joe also and I am going to try and get my TC and shift kit put in that same day.

On the KDS performance website, it says that the kit wont fit the 4L65E, im guessing this is wrong?? or am I looking at the wrong kit.

Im gonna get the servos and hopefully the shift kit as well. I dont want this tranny to take a dump on me . . . stock trans + 12lbs of boost = bad news

I hear ya MustBBrent, I will be down there on the 10th of Jan for a tune. I talked to Joe also and I am going to try and get my TC and shift kit put in that same day.

Slimsoftball, it was you who turned me onto the idea of calling Nelson Performance on this board. Glad you did. I don't think you will be sorry for doing the shift kit and make sure you tell Allen and Joe hello for me :seeya: .

BTW, I live in the south austin area. I am tossed about which major first mod to make. If you get some time and don't mind, I would love to catch a ride in that bright red beast you got there.

Archived