Strip advice

adams2003

Im thinking about taking my truck down to the L.A county raceway, or to the Carlsbad raceway this weekend and I need some advice. It will be my first time at a street legal race. I have a few questions, should I run the truck with a quarter tank of gas or full. Also what kind of launching methods work best on the ss?

I wouldnt know about a truck as modded as yours but mine it seemed to run its best time if i power braked it up to about 800 to 900 rpms and just floored at the last yellow light. It also seemed to get a better time with the tow mode off. I have tried alot of different ways and this what works best for my VERY midly modded SS.

it really seems to very from truck to truck oddly enough, but the one i drove around like a launch around 1200rpm the most. the best thing you can do for it also when going for numbers, keep it cool.

Im thinking about taking my truck down to the L.A county raceway, or to the Carlsbad raceway this weekend and I need some advice. It will be my first time at a street legal race. I have a few questions, should I run the truck with a quarter tank of gas or full. Also what kind of launching methods work best on the ss?

Go to the strip fast, i wan't to see some numbers on a S/C'ed truck... :thumbs:

Archived