Just installed my Edelbrock Shocks

dcairns

Perhaps this will help. I measured my stock shocks (still laying around on the garage floor :D )

Front (measured from center of bolt hole to aproximate center of rubber bushings). Extended 16 1/4 " Compressed 12" so the travel is 4 1/4"

Rear (measured from center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole) Extended 24" Compressed 15 3/4" so the travel is 8 1/4"

(Measurements are +/- 1/8", it is hard to compress a shock and hold the tape measure with a gimpy arm all at the same time

Try asking Edelbrock if they have a shock that matches those specs. You should be able to figure out how that works with your drop as well, if you know how the drop kit affected the shock mounting postion VS stock.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Edelbrock, and they show a "new" application for the the AWD SS.

They recommend the 33012 and 34010

It still is not on the application guide on their website, though. And they could not tell me what the difference between the 33012/34010 shocks and the 33024/34037's that I have installed :confused: Oh well, I am happy enough, but I suppose the 33012/34010 would be better. So if you are interested, you can order the 33012 and 34010 shocks with confidence for the AWD SS.

I called Edelbrock, and they show a "new" application for the the AWD SS.

They recommend the 33012 and 34010

It still is not on the application guide on their website, though. And they could not tell me what the difference between the 33012/34010 shocks and the 33024/34037's that I have installed :confused: Oh well, I am happy enough, but I suppose the 33012/34010 would be better. So if you are interested, you can order the 33012 and 34010 shocks with confidence for the AWD SS.

Out of everything Edelbrock has recommended to various people thus far, the 33012/34010 combination makes the most sense to me.

Betting they added that application because they've been receiving a lot of calls and emails from us Intarweb folks over the past month.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious to know how those'll work out for you... I've been interested in their "IAS" system for a while but haven't had a reason to get them for anything yet... Let us know how the ride quality is once you get some more driving time on them!

I wonder how they would work on my truck. I have never really seen many people use these when they have a truck lowered very much. My is 4-6 a non SS but a CC 1500. I like the tech behind them for sure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How hard are they to install? Do we need special tools?

Thanks in advance...

boB

Just socket wrenchs, regular wrenches, WD-40 and a pair of vice-grips to hold the shaft on the front shock while you loosen the nut and a jack to raise the truck to a convienient height while you install the new shocks in the back.

can i walk into autozone and pick these up??

Summit racing has them, $75 each.

• 7 months later...
I just ordered the 33012/34010 combo.

I also just ordered the 33012/34010 combo for 76.40 each shock. Anyone have these and are they a good ride? My stock shocks are now starting to leak @ 66,000 miles.

This was a rather old post, but since It's been brought back I'll chime in!

I have these on my 3/4 dropped SS & I like them. The ride is very nice out on the highway & depending on how bad our roads are intown does pretty good too.

I'm FINALLY ordering the 34023 Rear Shocks on Friday, these are the ones for 4" rear drop. Can't take the shake anymore and the rear definately needs replaced worse than the front at this point.

It was either new rear shocks, or a new driver for golf season :chevy:

This was a rather old post, but since It's been brought back I'll chime in!

I have these on my 3/4 dropped SS & I like them. The ride is very nice out on the highway & depending on how bad our roads are intown does pretty good too.

Didn't you say, maybe in another forum, that you got the ones made for stock height SS? Or did you actually get the ones made for 2" front 4" rear drop?