Ran over a croc

When I lived in New Orleans a friend of mine ran over about a 5' alligator on his way to an LSU game. Tore the lower air dam completely off his truck. And he said they watched the damn thing crawl away.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croc/alligator is a good meal...you should have stopped and picked it up...People hunt htose things down there like we do deer up here. And I swear I'm not a redneck...but if I hit a deer, I'd take it home if it was in good condition...at least get the tenderloins...

a friend hit one about a month ago in a suv (ford) 7 to 9' long. It total out his front end both tires flat, its was 2am on a sunday morning he was on a two lane hwy that goes into houma, louisiana. he was waiting for a car to pass to ask for help it took a few hours, 2 older lady's came by and stop to help him, he asked for a ride into town, no problems. one lady pulls out a utility knife from the back of the car goes over and cuts the tail off, comes back and tells my friend this is going to be a great sunday dinner

glad you are ok man and the truck

people eat crocodile? i mean i know aligator tail is good but..... and i highly doubt this one would be walking away, there was croc shit all over my truck, some of it baked onto my driverside exhuast tip. oh and if i stopted to pick it up or move it, id be dead and my SSS would be on the front page of the herald it wouldve been wrecked so bad

Wow man you didnt know about the gator crossings? If its a croc it kinda sucks (endangered). About a year ago people were running over burmese pythons that had the diameter of a damn log!

When do you wanna take the bronco through the glades? :jester:

glad to hear you and your truck are ok man, but haha its so funny to hear u guys talking about this stuff on here. like "oh i hit a crocodile. o i almost hit a deer" im from los angeles the biggest thing id probably ever hit would be a possum. i dont even know where id go if i wanted to SEE a deer. probably up north or something ??? :dunno:

Talking about hitting things a friend of mine went to Cali a few years back and told me they dont have animal crossing signs but bieng so close to the border they have illegal alien crossing signs,who knew?

ive seen em in san diego

n_sign.jpg

That's a new one on me. My garndmother hit a bull years ago, tore her car smooth up. Father in law took out a deer. Bore a headlight and grill. I've had birds hit the windshield, and hit a dog once. But, no crocs/gators. Glad everything is ok.

That's a new one on me. My garndmother hit a bull years ago, tore her car smooth up. Father in law took out a deer. Bore a headlight and grill. I've had birds hit the windshield, and hit a dog once. But, no crocs/gators. Glad everything is ok.

My friend was driving with his family in the big chevy van and a pelican went crashing through the windshield!