Looking to buy '03 SS, what price? Where?

Weedo

I'm thinking about buying a new '03 or '04 SS (black). What price can I buy a new '03 for after the "rebates"? I don't have "customer loyalty". I'm just looking for a bottom dollar price at a dealer on a new '03.

I've seen people say low $30's and even $29,950. And I want the 0% financing. Will anyone sell them for this price with the 0%?

I'm in the Phoenix Arizona area.

Thanks in advance for any help to a Newbie!!

:seeya:

I paid 31,900 after all rebates on 11/12/03 for a black SS with onstar, xm, six disk changer, tow package, auto climate control, tinted windows, and the underseat storage box. I purchased mine in Irving, Texas. I looked around and sent many requests via the Power Buy site on GM.com and that was the best price I found in my area. Most of the other prices ranged from 34,000 to 37,000. From viewing various posts on this site, it seems the average price after rebates runs from 32,000 to 34,000. My suggestion is to use the power buy tool on GM.com and just find some trucks at different dealerships in your area and get their quotes. It took me a week or two to get the best one.

It is also my understanding that you can't get the 3,500 rebate and also get the 0% apr. If you go with the 0% apr, you can only get the 500.00 rebate. I also think that if you go with the 0% apr, you are limited on the term of the loan.

Hope this helps.

I would use Gm Buypower. Search through dealer inventory by zip code, and find one you like (I found three with the exact color and options I wanted within 40 miles). You can then get the dealer invoice at Edmunds. Then contact the dealer (by phone or email) and get your best price.

I did the above when I bought my '03 leftover at the very end of September for $1500 under invoice with 0%. I could have gotten it much cheaper if I had taken the rebates, but paying more and taking the 0% financing was a better deal. Use Edmunds to calculate your monthly payment with interest (and lower sale price) and with 0% (and higher sale price). I bet the 0% will be less.

As an aside...most of the advertisements for $29950 and the like are bull. I called one of the dealers who had one of those ads and their best price was $1000 of sticker for a leftover (and that was after 3 calls). The ads are just a way to get you into the showroom so they can try to empty your wallet. I think you would have to be a 30 year GM employee who has a current GM lease, is in the military, and a recent college grad to get one at that price.

SteveG,

Thanks for the info on your leftover '03! I'm only looking for a Black one (unfortunatly as your price is good).

Thanks everyone else for the info as well, i'll try the GM website and see what I come up with!!

If anyone has any more ideas or new '03's for sale, keep the info coming!

:thumbs:

:chevy: Dealer in Okeene OK. has a no mile black 2003 on the lot. I bought a 1990 454SS new from him in Dec. of 1991. This guy deals!!!!!!!! He'll ship to you or fly out here to sunny Okla. and drive home.His # is (580)822-4455 Mike Dobrinski AKA The Chevyman. Tell him George sent ya!!! Price it & you'll be a believer. :chevy:

Weedo,

I hope you will still be keeping your 02 Silver Lightning. ;)

The SS is a very nice truck, and I can't blame you for wanting one.

I looked at them before I bought my 03 Sierra Denali.

I hope you find one for the price that you are looking for one at. That would be a steal on a sweet truck.. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

As an aside...most of the advertisements for $29950 and the like are bull. I called one of the dealers who had one of those ads and their best price was $1000 of sticker for a leftover (and that was after 3 calls). The ads are just a way to get you into the showroom so they can try to empty your wallet. I think you would have to be a 30 year GM employee who has a current GM lease, is in the military, and a recent college grad to get one at that price.

hate to disagree w/you black03ss nj, but I had no gm stuff, no military, no anything and I bought my 03 stickered at 40 and change for between 29k and 29.5k (plus ttl of about 2200) with no trade in. I did not, however get 0%, but did get 3.99 for 60 mos. with zero down...not even ttl. My credit is awesome, so that helped. I bought my truck in early october. When running 0% w/o rebates against 3.99% w/rebates and looked at amortization schedule, there was not an advantage to using 0%. there never was a breakeven point on principle until completely paid off, so I chose 3.99%. better deal. Bought my truck at Van chevy in Lewisville, tx. Also got some fancy extended warranty thrown in. they had an incentive that basically got me a lower rate, therefore warranty ended up costing me nothing. I am not going to tell you everyone can get this, but I would shop hard. Still quite a few out there. They also had 2 or three others on lot that had not been moving, so they may have been anxious.

Anyways...good luck Weedo :thumbs:

:chevy:  Dealer in Okeene OK. has a no mile black 2003 on the lot. I bought a 1990 454SS new from him in Dec. of 1991. This guy deals!!!!!!!! He'll ship to you or fly out here to sunny Okla. and drive home.His # is (580)822-4455 Mike Dobrinski AKA The Chevyman. Tell him George sent ya!!!  Price it & you'll be a believer.    :chevy:

Hey, thanks for the number! I tried it a couple times and it just rings and rings. I'll have to try again later.

The issue i've had locally is my trade. '02 Lightning with 19k miles on it. They're not showing much. My best price right now is $32,580 for the SS and $24,500 for my Lightning. This is on a Blue SS, my second choice (I prefer the Black a bit over the Blue).

If i try to buy out of state, i won't be able to do a trade (I wouldn't think). I can sell the Lightning Privately, but I don't know if I feel like the hassle.

Thanks for all the info everyone! I'm still lookin'!!!

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
WEEDO,

I just got back from North Carolina and the Chevy dealer in the town I was at had seven!!!! The dealer is named Marine Chevy, and it is located in Jacksonville. If he has that many, I believe he will deal. Give them a try. :flag:

I think Weedo is all set, from what I read he bought a new 04 F150 4x4 crewcab.

Here is a pic of the same truck that he ordered.

107939187vvdiUN_ph.jpg

It's a nice truck and I am sure he will be happy with it, he ordered it so he is just waiting for delivery. I wish him the best with it.. Nice choice for what he wanted. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

paid $54485.00CDN (not including Canadian gas guzzler tax/luxury tax of 9%

I hope you got your SS when they first came out a year ago or so to be paying full msrp. And what's this Canadian gas guzzler /luxury tax :confused: ; maybe a BC tax?

Frank

Archived