Baer Brakes

FwyFlyr

I ordered the baer eradispeed plus 1. I also ordered Earls stainless brake lines and ATE Super Blue racing brake fluid. I want to order pads. I think I am going to go With the SBS brake pads. The only question I have is are the Bear rotors thickness. Do I get the same ones as stock. I think that is what I am going to need. I only paid $1055 to my door for the Baer system. I need some more info because I would like to have everything here when I do the install.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SuperDave:

... This time he had a half a truck length on me. Still not enough to offset the $$. Oh yeah, my old truck only has anti lock on the rear. His was 4 channel 4 wheel anti-lock. He should have smoked me on the test. ...

I think the 0-70 braking distance for SSS is 190(ish) feet. If he was a 1/2 a truck length behind you, he stopped roughly 30 feet sooner than you did. I know your truck has the brake up grade, but since we don't know the distance you took to stop let's use 190 (which makes the % increase on your buddy's system smaller in any case). So he stopped in 160 feet.

160/190 = 84% He beat you by 16%... To me, that is a pretty big upgrade.

To put it another way, how much would you pay for a mod that gains you 2.84 seconds in the 1/4? Or could boost your skidpad number by .11? Or even 55 horsepower?

Bet we're talking a thousand now :D

In the end? I wouldn't pay for a brake upgrade until my horsepower called for it, or like SuperDave did, I had to do it anyway.

Um... Wow this is an old thread :jester::wtf:

• 3 weeks later...

I have used a set of the Bendix Ultimate pads on my '99 Expedition, and *loved* them. Unless I hear differently, I plan to buy a set for my SS. Does anyone here have experience/comparisions between these pads and the Hawk/PFC compounds??

Mr. P. :)

I only paid $1055 to my door for the Baer system.

Did you buy your EradiSpeeds online, or locally? That's a pretty darn good price! Some of the others may be interested! Good info, I really like the Hawk pads, they work well with stock or aftermarket brakes.

Hey fellas

There was an article in Truckin about the Eradispeed +1 and the Alumasport kits from Baer. It showed some impressive numbers, especially if you are going to larger wheels than the stock 20s. They actually stopped in a shorter distance with 22's than with the stock hardware and stock wheels.

Wizard

Archived