Baer Brakes

FwyFlyr

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw a TV show with a standard swap on a stock Silverado.

Cost about 1500.

Speed, TNT ,... I don't remember,.. anyone know ....?

Trucks.../ ____ Garage... I don't remember. WTF.

If Stacey was doing it, on Saturday or Sunday, it was on Spike TV and on a show called "Trucks." It was the Baer Eradispeed+1 upgrade. I believe only one person (schklege) has done this on here that we know of.

I called BAER 602-233-1411 to find the product number EradiSpeed Plus One Two Piece Rotors - Front 2301028 - Rear 2302023 and they gave me a retailer phone number in my area, Wash. DC. The MSRP for Front and Rear was $1375.00. I got them for $592 Front and $422 Rear. Nice look, easy install, and the performance really was a lot better than stock.

"and the performance really was a lot better than stock"

Did they have any #'s to back up there claim? I doubt it.

Switching only rotors will hardly, and I mean hardly make adifference on our trucks.

Keep the stocks rotors. Until coupled w/ better pads, fluid, lines, etc, they are mostly "eye candy"

"and the performance really was a lot better than stock"

Did they have any #'s to back up there claim? I doubt it.

Switching only rotors will hardly, and I mean hardly make adifference on our trucks.

Keep the stocks rotors. Until coupled w/ better pads, fluid, lines, etc, they are mostly "eye candy"

I've heard this also. There is a guy here in town who does aftermarket upgrades to Cadillacs such as blowers and brakes while they are still at the dealer (sweet deal - he uses the dealer's shop labor and the work gets warrantied by Cadillac). One of his most common upgrades is the Baer Eradispeed +1 package. He says the only real reason for doing the upgrade is looks - especially for those people who buy spoked wheels that allow viewing of the rotors. He said there is no improvement in braking (except perhaps if someone were to race their Escalade and be hitting their brakes every 10-15 seconds, then the slots would help combat overheating and fade).

Repeat - there is no improvement over stock.

The original rotors where 12's in the front and 12 3/4's in the rear, the jump to 14 front and rear is noticable even to the average bad driver. But, if you only have a thousand dollars to spend I would advise you not invest in brakes. I would also advise you get more money to sink into your SS.

The original rotors where 12's in the front and 12 3/4's in the rear, the jump to 14 front and rear is noticable even to the average bad driver.  But, if you only have a thousand dollars to spend I would advise you not invest in brakes.  I would also advise you get more money to sink into your SS.

:smash: You might want to rewrite your last post. :nono:

The original rotors where 12's in the front and 12 3/4's in the rear, the jump to 14 front and rear is noticable even to the average bad driver.  But, if you only have a thousand dollars to spend I would advise you not invest in brakes.  I would also advise you get more money to sink into your SS.

why, i agree with him brakes are kinda pointless... or atleast, IMO because the kits u describe here are not going to provide that much better braking, i would advise the LPE brembo system, or whatever it is they have... :cool:

why, i agree with him brakes are kinda pointless... or atleast, IMO because the kits u describe here are not going to provide that much better braking, i would advise the LPE brembo system, or whatever it is they have... :cool:

The original question was related to opinions , not advice.

#1. Statement was, "noticeable to even to the average bad driver."

( insinuates that those who said they felt no difference are bad drivers )

#2. Statement was, "if you only have a thousand to spend...."

( who said anything about budget limits ? )

#3. Statement was, "I would also advise you get more money...."

( again, other than "bang for the buck" money is not the issue. )

Anyway guys, maybe I'm off base but those comments just don't sit well

with me.

Sounds too much like my Dad. :wtf:

Archived