SoCal Track Days

RacerJJ

On Saturday, June 30th and Sunday, July 1st there will be 2 test n' tune days at California Dragway (Fontana). Saturday is the Street Legal (you know the drill with that) and Sunday is a special test day open to the first 150 cars. The price is a bit steep at $100 for car and driver but you will most likely get at least 10 runs in for the day. I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. Hope to see some of you there! Visit California Speedway and click on the track information link to find Auto Club Dragway for more info.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Saturday, June 30th and Sunday, July 1st there will be 2 test n' tune days at California Dragway (Fontana). Saturday is the Street Legal (you know the drill with that) and Sunday is a special test day open to the first 150 cars. The price is a bit steep at $100 for car and driver but you will most likely get at least 10 runs in for the day. I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. Hope to see some of you there! Visit California Speedway and click on the track information link to find Auto Club Dragway for more info.

is there spectaters allowed on the test and tune day? :dunno:

John,

Did they get the lights up over there yet ?? When are they going to start night racing ?? Thanks

Erik (and Chase), the lights have been talked about then forgotten about and then talked about some more and still nothing. Last time I was there, they were digging some stuff up to install lights for the pits in order to give the people that camp over night (like me) some lighting. It was a safety/legal issue. From what I have heard from the new manager, the lights are something the dragstrip really wants, however, the dragstrip is controlled by ISC Corperation (a NASCAR company) and they couldn't give two S&@%'s about the dragstrip so they won't pony up the cash to get it done. Also, there have been some recent noise issues due to some of the bigger races held there and night racing would most likely really piss off the fine people of Fontana (06VHO excluded) even more. So...maybe in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath.

what day is everyone going? i may go there to go park the truck on saturday and race the camaro on sunday . im still undeceided on this one becasue ive been blowing off the g/f with the truck for the past 2 months.