MWUHHAHAHAHA

04CHASE

Had a great day. Got my ported and super polished tb in today so it was all go. bolted it on , then tested fuel pressure to find a few leaks and low pressure. pulled a rail to fix a leak and re teflon some fittings. all was good but still low pressure. DUH the fpr was set at 35 psi , crank it down a bit to reach 58 psi with no leaks. then proceeded to check for oil pressure( pulled fuel pump relay and pulled off blower feed line) cranked it over a few times to find oil pressure was good. so the scary moment came. plugged everything in and fired her up , she came to life as fast as a stock truck. oil pressure was about 65-70 psi on start up then came down to 60 psi at idle( thanks lpe oil pump) . she idles like stock almost , the coolest part is not one code was set during the few mintues it was run. when it was close loop it idles fine but when it went into open loop it started to jump around and then finally died so i need some fine tuning to get it running ok for break in. i was very excited to say the least. the coolest part was i didnt even expect to start it today but just got the bug to finish it.

VIDEO COMING IN A MINTUE

hopefully get a decent tune to get me put around tommorrow . shouldnt be long now.

here are some pics i snapped durign the install of the pipes .

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

have to clean up some wires and the methanol line. but overall it came out pretty nice.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic