Transgo 4L60E-HD2 Shift kit

Still not the series B that myself and Brent have.  Differences could just be the servo - don't know.  There were some issues with the gasket, as well.  Not too sure on the full story on that.

Ben, I think you are right. The only difference I could find in my research was that this doesn't come with the servo. Which I already have. Besides, I thought the "B" was for Ben and Brent.

the kit i used compared to the normally used transgo kit had a few different springs and seemed to run a bit less pressure (i was told they were the same, but didn't show to be the same once i used them). also for the price you can get the other kit which i believe comes with the servo. the other kit should also come with a video to make it easier for someone fairly new to installing one. that kit will work pretty well if you chose the right stuff in it. he also states there is no .500 boost valve for a 4L60E. i know there is, i've installed them. if you do chose that kit, just remember you still are going to want to buy a servo which will basicly not make the kit such a good deal. from tbyrne, if i recall correctly this one should come with the servo. the most recent trango kit i purchased i haven't installed yet, been a while since i used one. normally i use the one's from superior products. superior. the differences in the two kits could have just been updates since some kits will sit on the shelf longer than the other though. the rebuild's i do i use the superior kit with corvette style servo which give a noticebly firm and very quick shift. for a bit more spirited shifting i add the larger boost valve and billet servo(s) and pwm powervalves. quite a few other things can be helped out when rebuilding but for a shift kit only, personally i stick with the superior stuff although transgo is also a very fine product.

if anyone's interested in trying one out that way, i can obtain the parts and if they aren't happy with it i'll buy and send them a new spacer plate and refund the money for the parts as i can always use them in another trans. not advertising since i'd be doing it no profit, just my cost of the parts.

i believe it was in the last transgo kit i used also. did you remove the checkball in the input shaft ben?

The only thing I did with check balls, other than the 7 in the valve body, was add one to the 1-2 shift valve.

Archived