burnout

ive had 24s on my 07 tahoe, but it kinda caught fire.... so i took em off and put them on the truck just for kicks, but i ended up really liking them.....

Nice burn out, will it do it on dry pavement like that? What are you running motor wise an LQ9? Any power boosters?

Nice truck!

Jamest

i dont think there is any water left under the tire if its making smoke, so technically that is dry pavement once it started smoking..... and yes, it will do it on a VHT covered track, no prob lol. it started life out as an LQ9 :jester:

ive had 24s on my 07 tahoe, but it kinda caught fire.... so i took em off and put them on the truck just for kicks, but i ended up really liking them.....

i dont think there is any water left under the tire if its making smoke, so technically that is dry pavement once it started smoking..... and yes, it will do it on a VHT covered track, no prob lol. it started life out as an LQ9 :jester:

What kind of mods do you have? I am planning a 408 right now from Texas Speed Engineering. Going to be running diamond forged pistons 8.5 to 1 comp. L92 heads gmpp Intake and going bigger turbo to push 20 - 25 psi. Right now I am running the GT 67 turbo, 10 psi right now, but 12 psi soon once I get the Profec type S controller in.

Jamest

Edited by JAMEST (see edit history)

that sounds like too much boost, it wont even be manageable. id say 14-15 lbs on a 408 will make ALOT of power, especially if youve got a good intercooler. a turbo big enough to run 20-25lbs on a 408 will lag so bad..... id go with like 9:1 and in the 14-15lb range, you will be very happy. i run a 6.0 with a maggie 112 on 9lbs. i really dont wanna list everything else lol

that sounds like too much boost, it wont even be manageable. id say 14-15 lbs on a 408 will make ALOT of power, especially if youve got a good intercooler. a turbo big enough to run 20-25lbs on a 408 will lag so bad..... id go with like 9:1 and in the 14-15lb range, you will be very happy. i run a 6.0 with a maggie 112 on 9lbs. i really dont wanna list everything else lol

Cool. I understand. My LQ4 runs good right now as it is. Allen Nelson did all the work and S/D tuning. I have a custom intercooler that was made in San Antonio. I am running close to 600hp at the crank and 475 hp at the wheels. I would say 15psi and some n2o if I needed it. I just bought some M/t wheels and some M and H dot slicks 30". I know weird combo, but that was the only 8 lug wheel I could find that weighs 25lbs a piece. I am shooting for mid 12's if I can hook up. I ran a 13.4 with 20" rims/street tires at 105 mph spinning when the boost came on. Hopefully the new slicks will give me a little more traction.

Jamest