New Wheels

i had originally bought these for my 07 tahoe, but its driveshaft kinda broke and destroyed the tranny.... so i figured i would take them off and put them on my truck for fun- but i ended up liking them alot, and these BFs are sticky as hell! here are some preliminary pics, just put them on. truck is dirty and its raining, sorry lol :sigh:

24x10 Boss 313s

BF KDW-2 305/35/24

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually think 24's look to big but those look pretty good...

So what are you doing with you 026 :jester:

thats exactly what i always thought, but i had never seen anyone drop an SS on 24s, especially slam it. my cousin kept telling me to put my 24s on the truck, and i always thought it would look too hood rich :wtf: . surprised me lol, i was like wow those look clean :D the 026s are prob going back on the tahoe if i ever get arround to fixing it lol

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

they actually ride about the same, and they dont rub anymore at all either, they are a higher offset. now they actually tuck into the fenders like stock wheels, so i think im gunna go at least another inch lower :D

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

no and i dont plan on c-notching it lol. you have to use belltech leafs (possibly hotchkis, but not sure if they are as stiff) that way the higher spring rate keeps you from constantly slamming into the frame

well, i used djm's 2/4" kit with hangers and shackles.. i'm wondering if i change out my stock shocks with some drop shocks if it'll drop anymore. the rear is possibly an inch higher than the front. i'd like to get it as level as possible.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

its possible that your stock shocks are bottoming out.... but i dont think they are fully compressed when your truck is just sitting, so it most likely isnt going to lower with new shocks.... a set of nitroactives will help alot tho

stock shocks ride excellent.. and they aren't compressed all the way. so i'd hate to swap them out, but i don't care much for the rake at all.

don't mean to jake the thread, but here's a photo.. i might try out those nitro actives.

CIMG2491.jpg

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

stock shocks ride excellent.. and they aren't compressed all the way. so i'd hate to swap them out, but i don't care much for the rake at all.

don't mean to jake the thread, but here's a photo.. i might try out those nitro actives.

CIMG2491.jpg

To solve your rake problem you might want to raise your front end back up to achieve your desired appearance. I have only lowered the rear of my truck. I started out with 2in shackle but i was like you it was still "sport raked". So i ordered Hotchkis's 4in rear drop leaf spring packs and almost over did it. It was officially bulldog'd lol but when the back got lowered it seemed to drag the front down a little bit with it. So i got the look i wanted. Now i just have problem with the body hittin the tire. here some pics.

post-11148-1184029396_thumb.jpg

post-11148-1184029415_thumb.jpg