HP gain with these mods?

HDMLNIUM

I was wondering what you guys thought that the Mods that I just ordered would gain me in HP and time in the 1/4 mile.

The mods are;

SuperMax Longtube header package with the high flow cats and pipes

Corsa cat back Exhaust

Flex-Lite 282 dual 15" fan kit

180 degree thermostat and housing

ASP underdrive crank pulley kit

Then I will get my ECM reburnt from Lyndon

I run 15.1's with the mods that I have already;

Westers tuned ECM

Volant intake with ram air

Screen removed from the Mass air sensor

Throttle body bypass coolant line.

My goal is to get it into the 13's, so I might have to add The Radix supercharger.

Anyway what do you guys think I should run after my new mods and about how much of a h.p. gain should I get. I was hoping for between 50 to 70, but that may just be wishful thinking. lol

Bill-03-SD

how much of the screen did you remove from the MAS

ledfootss,

I pulled out the whole screen from the Mass air meter, I had Lyndon (Westers) burn my new ECM for it, if you pull it out without tuning for it you will actually loose power. When tuned right it is worth a couple h.p. anyway I would think.

BenKey,

Thank you, Cam change huh? I have been wondering about that.

I know I can't do a touque converter change because I tow my Lightning to races with the Denali. But when I am at home I like to take the Denali to the track once and a while for a change. 13's would make me happy with it.

Bill-03-SD

OK, mid 14's or so, I guess I will need more mods. lol

So what cam do you recommend, and you feel that will add about another half second or so? I tow my Lightning with my Denali about 5 times a year and about 1k to 2k miles for the different round trips. It shouldn't hurt the ability to tow will it?

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

oh man its to late i just went out and tore the screen out. man now im in trouble. you should have been more clear. :P

i was wondering what 383 was talking about. :lol:

Sorry, I know of people that have put them back in if they didn't mess the screen up to bad. You can get it out in one piece with just a little hole in it from the screwdriver and then you can always put it back in.

If you can't put it back in I guess it is time for you to get a tuned ECM.

Bill-03-SD

zippy,

The trailer with my lightning on it are about 7,500lbs, but I want to get a 26' enclosed trailer so I can bring my tools, big fan, battery charger, generator, and my 4-wheeler to the events. That should bring the tow weight to about 9k lbs or so. I know I should have bought a 1ton diesel truck. lol

But, for a daily driver and a part time tow vehicle I think the Denali is better for me.

ledfootss,

I kind of figured you were kidding with the laughing smiles and all`, but hey you never know. lol :lol:

Bill-03-SD

Archived