Factory Warranty

SS TowPig

got an 05 SSS, with 31000 miles on it and the warranty runs out in 2008 or 36000 miles....looked at renewing it and its a little over 1000 bucks, do yall recommend renewing it? is it worth it?....anyways let me know...thanks

Cole

l_c0fa4c18be2c63fe9bab4cb8a3053a23.jpg

I renewed mine when it was almost up and I would recommend it. Its a no interest monthly payment as well if you dont pay all at once. At least thats how mine was. I think I'm paying like $90 a month for a year or so

got some prices today and i can get 48 months or 48000 for $1418 or 60 months 60000 for $1743...this just seems like alot when im already at 32000...are you guys gettin em any cheaper? by the way this is the platinum coverage

My factory ran up in March. I looked and the dealer I go to all the time for service told me $1200 for the 3yr/36,000. I called the dealer where I got the truck from and they said $1800 for that same one, it was that platinum coverage. The guy at the dealer I got the truck from informed me what all the fine print was, so I decided to pass and just pay for things as they go, it's a lot cheaper for me that way.

if you going to leave it stock "no type of mods" renew it

:withstupid: If you plan on modifying the truck I would say pay as you go, because if you get the warrenty and mod the truck and something breaks they may not repair it for you anyway....

• 2 weeks later...

well around here the GM major guard seems to run about 2000 dollars, and thats up to like 100,000 mile warranty...just dont see me spending 2000 dollars right now for it, also bein i need some new tires for the truck...kinda sucks i like having the warranty on the truck but i take exceptional care of the truck in and out so hopefully everything will be ok....the only thing that worrys me is the transmission since i tow with it often during the summer months, although its only a 18 foot open car hauler with a nissan mini truck on the trailor....my 98' Z71 i had with the 5.7 in it towed pretty damn good and it had a little over 100,000 miles so i would hope the SSS tranny would stick it out...so i probably wont be able to extend the warranty, just hope im making the right decision...

OK....finally found a warranty from a Chevy dealership in Lumberton NC...they actually gave me the cheapest price....its 1600 for 3 year 54000 mile which puts me at about 93000 mile GM Major Guard warranty....and there is no 100 dollar deductible when you bring it in...so i think im gonna go ahead and get it this weekend, thanks for all the help guys