Who has the lowest AWD?

BumpinSS

I was wondering...who has the lowest AWD and what you have done. I'v seen some good drops on the AWD SS's but I don't think I'v seen anyone dropped enough to tuck their wheels like I'm wanting to to. I hate my wheel gap and not sure what way to go is the reason I'm still on stock suspension. :throwup:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im considering going lower to but i cant remeber who just went pretty dam low. i think it was a blue ss but it sat purrty and it was awd.

topic related:

does any one know if anyone has had any problems with half shafts binding ?

mine is lowered 3 inches in front 2 inch mcgauhys spindles and a few turns on the torsion bars and shackles and hangers out back 4 inches mine measures 32 1/8 front and 32 3/8 in the back but i have 325/40/22,s and the overall measurment on my tires is like 32.2 inches i think with 10 inch wide wheels

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0054.jpg

[DSCI0051-1.jpg

IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/pimpss_01/DSCI0052.jpg[/img]

DSCI0050.jpg

DSCI0048.jpg

Very nice. Glad you posted a pic from the front...lol I'v been so busy with therapy and dealing with my lawsuit from my accident I totally forgot to get my new 'SS' ordered for my windshield..heh. They are still upside down.

My wheels are tucked. I am awd, and have no issues with binding. I think I'm 28" to the fender in the front and 30" in the rear. If I remember correctly.

I believe the reason why you look lower is because of your stock wheels and tires. Since there is more sidewall, it appears to tuck, but if you were to throw on some 35 or 40 series tires, it may not look that low and there would be more gap between the tire and fender. Just my opinion of course.

I also have the McGaughy's deluxe 2/4 drop kit with a few turns of the torsions. The rear sits a little higher because of the helper bags I have back there but, I like it that way. :thumbs:

213092601.jpg

185846774.jpg

103082130.jpg

Hell, why not... lowered with McGaughy's Deluxe kit + 1" drop spindles, then cut and rewelded the rear axle mounts - total drop = 2.75/3.75; the tires are also 2.25" shorter than stock, there would be no way I could fit a 32.5" tire in the front without significant rubbing.

sss_rr_2.jpg

Mr. P. :)