Who has the lowest AWD?

BumpinSS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sit at 32 front 32.5 rear with turned down keys in front and 2" shackles in rear. The reason it sits so low is the shorter tires (275/45/20). With the wheel gap it shows in pics, it doesn't look as low as it does in person, but it is indeed just about low enough for a daily driver. Maybe a set of spindles and leaf-packs in the future to sit it lower, but that's a ways down the road.

post-7241-1184686730_thumb.jpg

post-7241-1184686747_thumb.jpg

i was wrong on my measurments it is 32 7/8 front and 33 5/8 rear Misterp was right the driver side was a little lower so i just got under the truck and turned the torsion bar a little so to bring down the passenger front a little and now it measures perfect at all four corners with the passenger front being a little high it made the driver rear look too low now both sides in front measure 32 7/8 and both sides in the rear measure 33 5/8 just a little rake but it is not real noticable and the truck sits perfect now this is not a new pic from this morning but you guys know i like to put up pics of my truck i need a new sig

DSCI0050.jpg

I'd gladly bag it, but I have read that I can't slam it without sacrificing my AWD...which I cannot justify. There is nothing more fun than abusing the AWD in the rain and snow.

whoever told u that is wrong to the maximus, but when ur cvs are \______/ they can fly out of the dif anytime say during a turn pinned. not that likely to happen but is a possibility to any lowered 4wd even in 2wd. the more torsion u turn down the worse the possibility i assume.

There is a bagged one around here that still has the AWD. An older guy in a wheelchair owns it. I just never happen to catch it when I have my digital camera. It used to have stock SS wheels but now it has ugly American Racing wheels. Drives it at stock ride height then dumps it to make it easy to get in and out of.

There is a bagged one around here that still has the AWD. An older guy in a wheelchair owns it. I just never happen to catch it when I have my digital camera. It used to have stock SS wheels but now it has ugly American Racing wheels. Drives it at stock ride height then dumps it to make it easy to get in and out of.

You gotta get some info on his setup for us!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a red 03 this weekend at Texas Heatwave in Austin, it's the lowest one I've seen without being bagged. I talked to him, he said he did a flip kit in the rear and control arms up front with spindles and some turns of the bars. Total he said it was like a 5-6 drop, he said it rode good! Looked nice as hell!

I saw a red 03 this weekend at Texas Heatwave in Austin, it's the lowest one I've seen without being bagged. I talked to him, he said he did a flip kit in the rear and control arms up front with spindles and some turns of the bars. Total he said it was like a 5-6 drop, he said it rode good! Looked nice as hell!

Any pics? What wheel and tire setup did he have? I should have that drop soon.

how is a flip kit a 6inch drop