Need some opinions

orange and gunmetal sound good. my .02

Oooooo yeah that would be pretty. Or, the orange on white would be nice; "traditional" but nice. I say if you want to have a show winner then you gotta do something different and something *bright*. Coppers are kinda passe now, lots of guys have done a Copperhead. If you can find a 'different' color orange that isn't Hugger Orange, nor Sunset orange, nor copper orange but then use gunmetal stripes and matching silver wheels along with maybe some ghost flames in the stripes or ??? then yeah that might really get a judge's attention. :dunno:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another pearl orange..but way too light imo.

0104_01zoom%20ford_f350_dualie%20front_side_view.jpg

Also...Since I am dropping an LSX under the hood (it is a bright orange block) what is your opinions on having the motor chromed leaving just the LSX on the block orange and painting the covers the same orange? I need to go get some samples and find a nice deep orange that fits the truck best. My dad suggested a chameleon orange that fades from orange to red.

i say black then

:withstupid:

Mr. P stole my thunder. there's a Lambo in that color near me and it looks nice. not sure how it would look on a body as big as ours, but if it were to work, go with the late 60s Camaro schemes. the rally stripes, the bumblebee stripes (no, not the transformer, the one around the nose), i'm drawing a blank on the other name, the one that goes across the nose and darts down the top of the side panels.

with all those, I say white on the stripes. if you're going pearl, then go pearl with the stripes as well. be different.

your refering to the hockey stick stripe, like the one's autoguy has.

i was thinking about getting a set like that for mine?....

god those are gorgeous.... oh sorry. yes!

:withstupid::eek::cool:

Edited by 2006_SUPERADO (see edit history)

Here is another pearl orange..but way too light imo.

0104_01zoom%20ford_f350_dualie%20front_side_view.jpg

Also...Since I am dropping an LSX under the hood (it is a bright orange block) what is your opinions on having the motor chromed leaving just the LSX on the block orange and painting the covers the same orange? I need to go get some samples and find a nice deep orange that fits the truck best. My dad suggested a chameleon orange that fades from orange to red.

I would color-match the block to the truck.

My .02 after reading this you reminded me of something i have always wanted to see. A pearl white like you see on the escalades. IMo that color alone would look tits with the polished badging.

Pearle white is the most gorgeous color to ever be put on a vehicle, but the part that scares me about it is how hard it is to color match if I was ever in a fender bender, especially after getting my passenger door backed into when I went to Bass Pro here a little bit ago to pick up my dads birthday present. :mad: Other than the orange, what other colors would you guys suggest for an eye catching truck that isn't over the top?

Just no red, pink, or silver. :lol: Last time I suggested green I got asked if I was a beaner.

Here is another attempt. I'll have them try the atomic orange/copper. I think that looks best even though it reminds me of my old car. Guess that'll give me a new vanity plate idea... "Reborn" lol

truck2.jpg

EDIT: ...is this Atomic Orange??

2007-corvette-atomic-orange-3.jpg

Edited by BumpinSS (see edit history)