Need some opinions

Yea bug deflector has to go. My dad put it on there one day thinking I'd like it and I couldn't tell him its ugly. When I redo everything none of that stickon crap is goin back on. :P I like how it looks white. Should I do Chrome Emblems and ducts or black? I think the pearl white with stainless or chrome instead of the plastic ducts and some nice Polished forged bonspeed wheels would set it off perfect.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea bug deflector has to go. My dad put it on there one day thinking I'd like it and I couldn't tell him its ugly. When I redo everything none of that stickon crap is goin back on. :P I like how it looks white. Should I do Chrome Emblems and ducts or black? I think the pearl white with stainless or chrome instead of the plastic ducts and some nice Polished forged bonspeed wheels would set it off perfect.

I agree. Honestly I feel chrome accents i.e. badging, ducts and wheels with a polished billet grill with shopman bowtie would set that truck off IMO.

lol :D I'v been asked many times on this forum about my lettering. The guy that installed my letters was a total douche and said he had to install them upside down, otherwise it's illegal do to copyright...haha I'v been so busy with pain management and physical therapy from my accident I haven't even bothered getting a new one made until I get my paint. Nobody that see's it in person realizes it is upside down. I'm goin for the pearle white, that chop showed me what the white SS with the aftermarket grill would look like.

lol only SSS.com owners realize it. I'v had several SSS owners talk to me admiring the banner and laughing at what is on my rear windshield and none realize it. Only one other person realized it and that was a trooper that pulled me over and he asked me what the GG on my windshield stands for when he was giving me a warning. :smash: I don't wanna add any stripes, especially on a pearl white. The chops made me realize...that stuff was cool when I was in highschool..now I want a clean ride with a painjob that will talk for itself. My father has always loved pearl white, and since he is the one getting me back into building again I'll suprise him with the paintjob. I was talking to one of my friends earlier when I went to pick up a pizza and he asked a good question about the brake calipers. Does anyone offer polished chrome brake calipers for the silverados?

I have never seen or herd of chrome calipers. A nice paint job goes a long way IMO. I'm not a fan of pin/racing striping and flames either. I am into clean lines and not alot going on. IMO simple is better. You can over do something real quick. I just noticed all those pics involved racing stripes so I was hoping if you were dead set in them that maybe ghost stripes would be a better option.

So far I'v only seen the chrome calipers for imports. Rotora makes 12 piston chrome calipers for cars, nobody makes any for trucks from the searching I'v done this morning. Nothing a powdercoater can't fix. All the Pshops had stripes on them because I thought I wanted striped...till I saww it and realized I don't like it anymore...lol. I'm thinking about getting these Bonspeed Laguna wheels and having the colored part painted the pearl white with the truck. I'v always liked these wheels.

laguna_detail.gif

Laguna_Red-1.jpg

A friend of mine that works at a local steel shop took measurements of my front ducts and is going to try and have some polished stainless ducts made to replace them.