RACED AN SRT-8 CHARGER it was a joke...

2006_superado

What is the difference from the R/T and the SRT 8? More displacement? Does the Charger come in a SRT8? I don't know that much about them, just see them on the streets.

R/T is a 5.7 Hemi with 340hp.

R/T with "Road and Track" package (yeah, I know... LOL) is 350hp 5.7. The only difference is the exhaust I *think*. It also has the SRT8 seats and wheels. "Daytona" Charger etc...

SRT8 is 425 horsepower 6.1 Hemi, performance suspension and steering rack, Brembo brakes, 20" wheels, and the seats of course, which every R/T owner wants...

LOL

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted to race an R/T, but don't know how I would do against one. My truck has 400+ hp to the flywheel. I guess I'm gonna have to go and race one to find out.

i took one from 0-80 and i beat him by 2 lengths when all i had was full exhaust. he had a passenger with him, so that could of been the reason why he lost, but i dought it. :jester:

• 1 month later...

I was directed to this forum/thread by another thread. Before reading any posts, I was expecting the normal "Chargers are pigs" or "300s are sloooooow". I was wrong!

You guys have made fair comparisons without dogging anyone else's ride. That has my respect.

I joined entirely to commend you on representing your ride and this forum well.

Regards, Bryan.

my 2006 Magnum SRT8

vehicles022.jpg

Picture012.jpg

my project truck (1979 GMC K15)

Picture099-1.jpg

Edited by bmartin9122 (see edit history)

When I bought my 10, my wife was next to me comming out of the stealership. So I called her and we set up a 20 punch. Well 1st gear was ok, I jumped her even thou she honked and but was pulling a little.

Then came sencond and that damned station wagon shoot by me like a rocket sled on railS!

She hit the blinks and blew my phone up wanting to tell me that she had won! At 70 she had 2 cars on my SRT-10! So a 6.0l should've been a lot worse.

From a Dig, my 4.56's keep me in the race a little longer, but by second gear she is blowing my doors off agian.I told her that if she doesn't let me win I'm going to sell the SRT-8 and go against every American bone in my huge body and buy her a Yuris.

And that guy prob traded the Z06 because he needed a car that could do it all and the SRT-8 can! It's is the best purchase Me and my family have EVER made!

Jay

DSCF0035.jpg

Edited by BigIke (see edit history)

When I bought my 10, my wife was next to me comming out of the stealership. So I called her and we set up a 20 punch. Well 1st gear was ok, I jumped her even thou she honked and but was pulling a little. Then came sencond and that damned station wagon shoot by me like a rocket sled on railS!

She hit the blinks and blew my phone up wanting to tell me that she had won! At 70 she had 2 cars on my SRT-10! So a 6.0l should've been a lot worse.

From a Dig, my 4.56's keep me in the race a little longer, but by second gear she is blowing my doors off agian.

I told her that if she doesn't let me win I'm going to sell the SRT-8 and go against every American bone in my huge body and buy her a Yuri

And that guy prob traded the Z06 because he needed a car that could do it all and the SRT-8 can! It's is the best purchase Me and my family have EVER made!

Jay