RACED AN SRT-8 CHARGER it was a joke...

2006_superado

I've taken a 300 c before and sure seemed like he was in it cause he was pissed at the next light.... There was only one open lane, mine!

300C is different than the SRT-8, a lot.

I have seen them go as low as 12.6 w/ only a CAI. Last Charger I saw slips of was 13.2s @ 110. Most of the 300 and Charger SRT-8s I've physically watched go low 13s at about 107. Extremely traction limited. Last JGC SRT8 I watched was going 13.0-1 all night at 105 w/ just a CAI. The SRT-8s are insane...... The Charger and the 300 are just ridiculous on a roll.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best buddys bought a brand new Chrysler 300 SRT8 and let me drive it. I was expecting a big car that could move decently, but I was astounded! The thing could haul for a new sedan, it braked, it cornered, it was bizarre!!!! LOL

The same guy took it to Mission Raceways, dead stock on stock tires it ran 12.93 @ 107.75 mph.

DiabloSport comes out with a tuner for the SRT8 cars July 31st, it's the first tuner available for the 6.1 SRT cars believe it or not. Should be interesting....

One of my best buddys bought a brand new Chrysler 300 SRT8 and let me drive it. I was expecting a big car that could move decently, but I was astounded! The thing could haul for a new sedan, it braked, it cornered, it was bizarre!!!! LOL

The same guy took it to Mission Raceways, dead stock on stock tires it ran 12.93 @ 107.75 mph.

DiabloSport comes out with a tuner for the SRT8 cars July 31st, it's the first tuner available for the 6.1 SRT cars believe it or not. Should be interesting....

Man I know what you are saying. I was dead set on the new '08 BMW 535i and almost bought one... signed the papers and everything.. come to find out that they didnt have all the options installed on it that was on the sticker so had to wait the weekend to get it.

I ended up deciding to test drive the 300C SRT8 the next day, and I fell in love with it. That big ass car handles like a Corvettes big brother, the Brembo brakes stop on a dime, it has massive room inside for passengers, great features and is FASSST as hell. I had to have it... picked one up and told the BMW dealership they could keep the 535i. Wasnt my style anyways.

I am not going to mod the SRT8 in any way... it hauls ass for a stock car. Its like Dr Jekyll, Mr Hyde.. cruises like a luxury ride.. but floor it and its like a damn Corvette!

..I do miss the Radix whine and the SS's launch from a dig though :driving:

I am not going to mod the SRT8 in any way...

PFFT. :lol: lol we all say that and look what happens. It is in our blood. 300C SRT8 is the best of the pack...it is suprisingly lighter than the charger and I think it looks better. I remember seing slips from a guy in SoCal that ran 12.5@112 in his bone stock 300SRT

One point though for those who want to stay GM, the 6.0L 6spd GTO won every shootout in just about every magazine against the SRT8 family...

I would have loved to stay with a GM ... but I dont think the GTO is in the same class as an SRT8 300C... its wayyy smaller and even though performance wise it may be comparable, I dont think it has that luxury look and feel as the 300C does. I personally think a CTS-V would be better suited as a comparison to the SRT8, but it comes in only a 6spd and my wife refuses to learn how to drive a manual.. and she would want to drive it sometimes.. lol. Although the CTS-V is still a lot less roomy than the 300C also, so that was a big deciding factor. The only comparison for me would be the new twin turbo 535i performance, handling, looks, and size-wise... but the 300C beat it in almost every one of those categories.

One point though for those who want to stay GM, the 6.0L 6spd GTO won every shootout in just about every magazine against the SRT8 family...

I know it's gonna stun you, cause it stunned ME, but in comparos the GTO did NOT beat the Chrysler 300 SRT8. In almost every category.

Weird, and I have no explanation, but I sure respected the Cadillac CTS-V and the Chrysler 300 SRT8 after reading this comparison, and it's the 400 horsepower version of the GTO too.

Look at the acceleration, braking, cornering, slalom etc....

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/...pecs_price.html

What is the difference from the R/T and the SRT 8? More displacement? Does the Charger come in a SRT8? I don't know that much about them, just see them on the streets.

The difference in the SRT-8 and the R/T: The R/T is a 5.7 L Hemi whereas the SRT8 is 6.1L Hemi, and yes the Charger comes in an SRT-8