RACED AN SRT-8 CHARGER it was a joke...

2006_superado

well to bad the joke was on me! :cry: ... nah but seriously i raced one last night and it tore me up, i seen it up ahead of me at a light, so i pulled on the side of him and just when i came to a stop it turned green and i seen he took off a bit hard, so i put it in low and floored it and so did he... he got me by about 2 cars to 70-75 and was still pulling.. next light we talked for a sec, i said "nice car those srt8's have like 420hp right" then he said "yeah nice truck, is that a diesel" so i say "no not a duramax, it's a vortec max, same drivetrain as an SS" and just when i was going to ask what he done to his (did'nt sound stock, it was loud and mean could just be a catback) well the light turned green and we both floored it again, this time he had me by about 3-4 lenghts to 70-75..

so it sucks to lose, but i expected it.. i realy just wanted to see if he'd go, and he was cool about it.

i realy need to get off my ass and install those headers i got, and now i'm thinking about a cam and shift kit?... losing sure put's a fire under your ass let me tell'ya! :banghead:

do any of you know what they run?... i kept up better with that lightning i raced a while back then i did with this srt8..

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13.8 was the time I saw a SRT charger and 300 run the same day.

and yes it sucks to lose espically to another street car...

and as I found out a cam only will not be enough...heads and cam???dontknow, but I amm in the same boat, need more speed.

my buddy lives out there in HB. he traded in his Z06 for a Charger SRT-8. not sure I would have done the same but to each his own.

sucks you lost, but like you said, you expected it and had alittle fun at the same time.

my buddy lives out there in HB. he traded in his Z06 for a Charger SRT-8.

why on god's good earth would he do that!! :nonod: i would never even consider that if i had a Z06. and i try to stay away from them srt-8's, i recommend you do the same unless your going FI. sometimes i get tempted to race em but i never do in the end.

Found this one ebay...took the guy $20k to gain 75hp...fantastic cars if you want to drive them stock, but expensive as hell to mod it looks like... More expensive than our trucks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DODGE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

ya see, this is why we drive chevy's :flag:

13.8 was the time I saw a SRT charger and 300 run the same day.

and yes it sucks to lose espically to another street car...

and as I found out a cam only will not be enough...heads and cam???dontknow, but I amm in the same boat, need more speed.

:withstupid: so a cams not good enough... crap, i cant afford a S/C :banghead:

my buddy lives out there in HB. he traded in his Z06 for a Charger SRT-8. not sure I would have done the same but to each his own.

sucks you lost, but like you said, you expected it and had alittle fun at the same time.

yeah i would kept the Z06 too.. not unless he has kids and cant afford two new cars?..

and yeah it was fun, i lost but you can't win them all.

yeah i try to stay away from those srt-8's!

not me, i'll race anything that wants to.. if i lose so what at least i'll have some fun.

plus every time i see something i can beat, they won't race?.. the day before last i seen 2 titan's, a hemi ram, and a tundra 5.7 and he was even a young guy and still not a single race.. and i tried to get'em to.. :dunno: i guess it's more fun to race and lost then to never have raced at all... :jester:

Interesting. Have u added anything to ur truck at ALL "2006 Superado"?

***Opps. Nevermind I just read ur profile mod's***

yeah i got a little jumpy there, i still never installed the headers, or removed the cats.. everything else is in.

I've taken a 300 c before and sure seemed like he was in it cause he was pissed at the next light.... There was only one open lane, mine!

:withstupid: i think if it was a regular hemi r/t, it would have been at least a good race..

I plan to solve my speed issue this week. I have a buyer for my headers and I am going forced inudction within the next two weeks...

thats nice i'm happy for you!.. :banghead::cry: lol... nah but realy thats cool, i can't wait untill i can do that someday.. (sigh)

SRT8's are no joke. There have been some bone stock SRT8 300Cs do high 12's. For a heavy car they can move.

:withstupid: i can attest to that.

ya see, this is why we drive chevy's :flag:

:withstupid: hell yeah.. GO CHEVY! :chevy: WooHoooo!

I just bought an '07 300C SRT8 and just took the Radix off of the SS (sold to another member here)

Let me just tell you that the SS could jump off the line quicker then the SRT8, but after about 60 the SRT would be GONE. The 300 SRT8 just pulls HARD from 60+ and doesnt stop... the top end is amazing. The low end torque is nothing to get crazy about (the Radix'd SS had way more low end) but the top end pull feels like a straight race car.

I have only raced one car so far in the SRT8.. my buddies 07 C6 with a GHL exchaust and I kept up with him from 40mph until 110MPH when we let off. I know I would have killed the Radix'd SS from a roll and anything other than a dead stop.