spy ware pop up removal

detjoe

I like Spybot Search & Destroy... Click here to download. Once you install it check for updates and then run it. You'll be surprised at what you find is on your system.

Ad-aware is also pretty good, but I haven't used that in a while.

I took 54 off using this, I used it b/c Destroy is a fitting term when it comes to popo-ups

there are a few still, unable to remove...I think you have to keep the ones they want b/c they pay the bills

I would rather change oil than try to keep my computer running right, danm spyware, trojan horses...

next I am going to see about using a different browser

I use ZoneAlarm's combo Firewall, anti-virus/spyware program. The firewall lets you turn off scripting for new websites you visit, and turn it on for the sites you decide to trust. It can also scan for and remove spyware. Not free, but good stuff.

just took off 168 :eek: seems like it is doing its job :thumbs: thanks...

now if i can only get my NORTON antivirus to work right i'll be happy. the POS will not uninstall some of it's files, and will not let you reinstall it again.. :dunno::mad::banghead::banghead:

:seeya:

I never see pop ups with IE, I use spybot also and it has real time prevention. I haven't had any problems for the last 5 years. The secret is to keep them updated and keep yourself protected ( windows updates ). Soon all these perky little mac users will get the attention of the virus makers and they will get to deal with these buttholes.

just took off 168 :eek: seems like it is doing its job :thumbs: thanks...

now if i can only get my NORTON antivirus to work right i'll be happy. the POS will not uninstall some of it's files, and will not let you reinstall it again.. :dunno::mad::banghead::banghead:

I finally gave up on Norton about a month ago, eating 11 months worth of new subscription. It really f-ed up my PC, which came new with Norton 3 years ago. I tried every fix in Symantec's book, and a few others. NFG. I finally found an article on how to completely remove Norton (including all directories, registy entries, etc.) on the web. After I finished, I downloaded and installed PCtools Desktop Mechanic (seemed like an appropriate name), to do a checkup and cleanup, then installed McAfee v8.5i (which I have at work). All is well now. (I also use SpyBot.) Here are the links to the 2 part Norton removal article that worked for me:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_can_i_ful..._my_system.html

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_fully_...on_from_pc.html

I use Spy Sweeper, the paid version, and Microsoft Defender, which is free, Zone Alarm, and Norton Corporate. My modem has a built in hardware firewall as does my seperate router. Yes I'm pretty protected

Like already has been said, WINDOWS UPDATE That alone will prevent allot of problems

I finally gave up on Norton about a month ago, eating 11 months worth of new subscription. It really f-ed up my PC, which came new with Norton 3 years ago. I tried every fix in Symantec's book, and a few others. NFG. I finally found an article on how to completely remove Norton (including all directories, registy entries, etc.) on the web. After I finished, I downloaded and installed PCtools Desktop Mechanic (seemed like an appropriate name), to do a checkup and cleanup, then installed McAfee v8.5i (which I have at work). All is well now. (I also use SpyBot.) Here are the links to the 2 part Norton removal article that worked for me:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_can_i_ful..._my_system.html

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_fully_...on_from_pc.html

:withstupid:

tried the Norton down load fixes but still will not remove it all. did the links above and all i got in the program file was ....can not delete, HPPRES32.LOC: data error ( cyclic redundancy check )

:wtf::confused::dunno::mad::banghead::rant: and anything else i can think of...