76 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bumper?

• BSER Rollpan
    • GM SS Bumper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote pan...it looks SOOooo much better, and if you're worried about the truck (i.e. stock bumper for protection) just insure the pan, get a $100 deductible, and you'll never sweat another fender bender/accident again. :driving:

I was in the same boat as you back in the day. I really like the rear bumper we have, but I also like the look of the rollpan. Granted the rear bumper will take a rear end collision a helluva lot better than the rollpan. I eventually went with the BSER rollpan because of peer pressure. :jester: Everyone wanted me to get one! I'm very happy with the pan and if I had to do it over again, I would definately get the pan again. It just cleans up the back. On that SoCal GTG, I was lucky enough to drive behind Chase and his looked very clean, especially since he shaved the tailgate handle. That really cleaned it up. Another plus with the pan is you get to remove alot of weight back there like the spare tire, bumper, and the hitch.

It's really just a matter of personal preference. Like I said, I like the bumper and it took me a while to sell it off because I was actually thinking about keeping it, but it eventually got in the way in the garage.

i have to agree, however when i bought my truck it had the bser ss rolpan on it already but it honestly fit like doodoo. so i recently had it put on right and it came out very nice. the nice things about it are the weight and the smoother look it gives the truck along with no tailgate handle. the thing i wouldnt want it for is your rear end is already light and has traction problems so the bumper helps you out with a little extra weight down there.

if you worried about rear ends again with the pan , i run a hidden hitch most of the time so it would save it alot but not as good as a stock bumper with a hitch.

well actually i had no hitch in, but the reciever DESTROYED the volvo S60 that hit me LOL. its not all that bad..... the cover is cracked and destroyed, and the right side of the bumper is smashed into the body cladding. i cant tell if it got to the bedside until i take it apart tomorrow..... oh and his radiator cap went flying into my tailgate, so i guess i gotta get a new one- i dont use bondo lol. sadly the tailgate was already shaved :banghead:

but here is how i see it- my buddy had backed my truck into a trailer, and i lost about a penny-sized ammount of paint. then my girlfriend backed into a pole, and put a TINY crease in it (it may be small, but im a perfectionist). later, the tongue of my boat trailer (about 700lbs tonque wieght) came crashing down on the middle bumper pad (the trailers jack failed). SO i needed a new bumper cover, now i get a free one :D

I had a hard debate on going with a pan or keeping the bumper. I went with the pan however do feel less protected back there. I also feel that the pan acts like a parachute at higher speeds if you don't have a spare tire in place and may hurt MPG and if you are concerned with the track,...E.T. The Fox bodied mustangs are a perfect example of this (I owned 2) where by simply putting a "free air' rear valance (or remove the stock one / drill holes in it) you gain .2 in the 1/4.

I always liked the SS bumper and do miss the functionality of it. If something ever happens to my pan, I will go back to the bumper. :happysad:

ok ive got problems..... the frame appears to be bent :banghead: because the guys volvo took most of the impact from my hitch reciever, at an angle, it placed a hell of alot of force on the right side of the frame. im really pissed that my "big bad" truck couldnt take a 20 mph hit from a little S60 without severe damage. estimated damges on the scene were-

My SSS-$2000

S60-$3000

Actual estimates-

SSS-$8900

S60-$6000

ok ive got problems..... the frame appears to be bent :banghead: because the guys volvo took most of the impact from my hitch reciever, at an angle, it placed a hell of alot of force on the right side of the frame. im really pissed that my "big bad" truck couldnt take a 20 mph hit from a little S60 without severe damage. estimated damges on the scene were-

My SSS-$2000

S60-$3000

Actual estimates-

SSS-$8900

S60-$6000

Sorry to hear that man - sounds like another month of downtime.