Truck has been violated

Which Bumper  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bumper?

• BSER Rollpan
    • GM SS Bumper

yes, i got hit today :banghead::cry:

BUT there is a good outcome to this. im REALLY stuck between a rollpan and the factory bumper..... i need your guys help. please voice your opinion and post as many pictures of the BSER rollpan as possible. also, whats the availability? id need one ASAP. so please let me know! oh and pictures tomorrow

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

living down here in south FL, i opt to keep my bumper because of all the dumb azz drivers around here. you have to admit that south florida is known for it's bad drivers. i can't stand it sometimes. i rather have them hit my bumper than the rollpan and the body. plus, i think our bumpers look badass.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think BSER is still making them. He had to remold them a few weeks ago so there's a chance that he's still doing them now. I don't want to sell mine, but I MIGHT be able to help you out. I'd love to mount mine though. Check with BSER first though. If I remember, they went for $355 shipped.

I HATE to see a truck as sweet as your get banged up though.

How dare you drive around when the "early bird special" is about done.

Keith

A lot of people like the look of the roll pan. Your two options are bser and puffers. I like BSER's better however the last batch of roll pans were layed out in the last shipment. Your option's are ask a few people around here if they will sell theirs (a few will at the same price) or call up BSER. Last I checked puffer SS was still making them.

That being said I did not get the roll pan for two major reasons.

1. The GM bumper is VERY nice. Although I like the nice close shave of the rear with a roll pan it just didnt win me over.

2. Major reason. People drive like asses around here. I have 5 door dings a few scratches and of course last week someone gave me a small dent in the rear bumper. I would go freaking ballistic if someone rear ended me and destroyed the roll pan, tailgate and body.

That depends where you drive though I suppose. And thats why I drive with my tow hitch ;)

I voted for a GM bumper, but since you need to get a whole new setup it would be a good thing to think long and hard.

Search Chase and Dylan's photos. IF I were to get a roll pan I would do it the right way and get it molded like Dylan. THAT would be killer.

If you want a rollpan and BSER can't help you out, I would probably be willing to sell you mine for what I paid BSER for it. I just bought it because it was supposed to be his last batch. I don't really have the money right now to get it painted/installed plus get a hidden hitch, license plate bracket etc. I'm thinking of putting any extra money towards performance mods instead of appearance.

Edited by leaper (see edit history)

I was in the same boat as you back in the day. I really like the rear bumper we have, but I also like the look of the rollpan. Granted the rear bumper will take a rear end collision a helluva lot better than the rollpan. I eventually went with the BSER rollpan because of peer pressure. :jester: Everyone wanted me to get one! I'm very happy with the pan and if I had to do it over again, I would definately get the pan again. It just cleans up the back. On that SoCal GTG, I was lucky enough to drive behind Chase and his looked very clean, especially since he shaved the tailgate handle. That really cleaned it up. Another plus with the pan is you get to remove alot of weight back there like the spare tire, bumper, and the hitch.

It's really just a matter of personal preference. Like I said, I like the bumper and it took me a while to sell it off because I was actually thinking about keeping it, but it eventually got in the way in the garage.

I love the look of the roll pans, but I'm with Drako. My truck has been hit 4 times, twice in the rear bumper, once in the front and on the bedside. They would have done more damage had I put a rollpan on. I leave the receiver in the hitch, let 'em hit it. They of course all left notes to tell me how sorry they were that they hit my truck...NOT! Bastards :banghead:

i say go back with a bumper and paint the gray plastic pieces to match and maybe move the bumper closer to the truck it will look way better and i have only seen a couple with the plastic painted and mine is one of them

I vote for the stock SS bumper. My reasons are the same as most, cause it's going to get hit again. That's why I kept mine, and got a reese hitch under it, so in most rear-end collisons, those two items will provide most of the protection I'll need. Also, I like keeping the SS looking like a truck.