Long Tubes?

RacerJJ

I can change both of my manifold gaskets on my pace setters in less than an hour. I think 04blackssawd only took a couple horus as well. The hardest part is breaking loose the rusted bolts on the underneath exhaust...

:withstupid: Rusted bolts about killed me. That and not having the correct wrench for the o2 sensors :banghead: Putting the LT's in wasn't bad, it was the taking the old part that was a PITA for me.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not real cats. They will allow you to pass visual emissions inspections, but they are really hollow and just a perforation, like the inside of a cherry bomb muffler...I thought they looked awesome and wished I could have afforded to keep them.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still deciding if I want to deal with install because it doesn't sound very fun. I had my shorty's installed and they told me that it was a pain.

it was like night and day when I got my dynatech's... but I also got my cam & heads the same time so it was a huge change all at once.

If your interested... I'll be selling mine within a few weeks, you can have em for $700 if you pick em up. That comes with the dynatech cats too. If I could use them with my new application then I wouldnt be sellin them but I can't!

let me know

Brian

If your interested... I'll be selling mine within a few weeks, you can have em for $700 if you pick em up. That comes with the dynatech cats too. If I could use them with my new application then I wouldnt be sellin them but I can't!

Thanks for the offer, but I don't need cats so I'm gonna save some money. Ya'll make it sound easy and since I've had my exhaust apart several times and my stock manifolds are already gone, sounds like it should be a piece of cake for me. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't need cats so I'm gonna save some money.

well i would barely consider them cats... they're seriously maybe 8" long and you can see right through them.

basically they would suffice a police visual inspection to keep you from gettin the $2500 fine of driving in CA without them... thats about all

~Brian

RacerJJ, take into consideration that the pace setters are not bolt in. You will have to have them welded/connected to your current exhaust and probably have custom bent pipes made to go from the collectors to the exhaust connections. The only true BOLT in systems that you can do in half a day are the dynatechs and OBX. Personally, I would try the OBX headers in light of at least two successful installations for silveradoss.com members. Pace setters will run you $300+ and then you will spend probably another $200 connecting them to your exhaust by paying someone to do it and then its hit or miss on the quality of work they do. I dont think you will be dissappointed with the OBX...what do you have to lose? $500 either way...

RacerJJ, take into consideration that the pace setters are not bolt in. You will have to have them welded/connected to your current exhaust and probably have custom bent pipes made to go from the collectors to the exhaust connections. The only true BOLT in systems that you can do in half a day are the dynatechs and OBX. Personally, I would try the OBX headers in light of at least two successful installations for silveradoss.com members. Pace setters will run you $300+ and then you will spend probably another $200 connecting them to your exhaust by paying someone to do it and then its hit or miss on the quality of work they do. I dont think you will be dissappointed with the OBX...what do you have to lose? $500 either way...

Those sound good too, I just couldn't find them. Do you have a part number for those? In general, headers are headers as long as they don't leak so all I am concerned with is easy installation.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

From what I have heard the Pacesetters are the best bang for the buck when it comes to LTs... run dual 3" exhaust into some magnaflows and throw an X pipe on there and get it tuned for the increased flow, and 10-15+ HP would be the least power you would gain I would think

RacerJJ,

They are only available on ebay... $531 shipped to your door. This is the guy I bought from as well, then had to turn around and sell them because of financial reasons. I wish I could have kept them. In my opinion, the OBX are just as good as the dynatechs so I see no reason to pay alot more for used or new when you can have new for $530 and install them yourself. The guy is california, so maybe he will cut you a shipping deal or let you pick them up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Headers...1QQcmdZViewItem

im pretty sure they are all the same for the 99+ trucks. i got mine from speed enineering for like just over 400 shippedjust call them or who ever you decide to order from and they should be able to help you.