Long Tubes?

RacerJJ

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are one of the first SSS to rave about the gains of the OBX,thx. PLease give us some more on how they are, are you getting the tune adjusted for them??? I want to do my exhaust but I need to feel the gain.

The only tuning I'll be doing from the custom tune I have been doing already is going to a Maf-less speed density tune. I haven't done any scans to see how different the A/F ratio has changed, but I doubt it's going to be to far off since I had gutted cats on before.... won't know for sure until I get my tuner module back from a friend who borrowed it for a while.

you are one of the first SSS to rave about the gains of the OBX,thx. PLease give us some more on how they are, are you getting the tune adjusted for them??? I want to do my exhaust but I need to feel the gain.

dude........you really need LTs to wake up your cam, trust me you will feel a gain :thumbs:

He's not the first to rave...the guy I sold my set of OBX's to also said he felt the gains, had a trouble free install, and flat out loved them...

I said it once and I will keep saying it...for the money, you cant get a better header. The pace setters are nice, I have them, but they are rusting after one winter now and the welds for the costly custom piping I had done are rusting as well. I wish the obx were available when I was doign headers. I bought the obx planning to swap out, but tough times in the financial industry made me stick with what I have for now. I feel that there may at MOST a 5hp difference between the pace setters and OBX/dynatechs...If dynatech can help a truck into the 12's and people can "feel" and see the gains, then guess what? So will the OBX's...because they are the same freggin header!

dude........you really need LTs to wake up your cam, trust me you will feel a gain :thumbs:

No doubt! I felt a NICE gain with stock cam (SLP 1.85 rockers though) and I still have the factory cat back on there with them. I wasn't expecting much until I swap out to better muffler/s and was pleasantly surprised!

now i'm interested in some OBX headers. i'll put the edelbrock shorties in my dads tahoe or suburban. is it possible to get real cats welded into the OBX y-pipe? just so i can pass emissions? maybe it won't matter in awhile, cause they are trying to get rid of I/Ms here in anchorage. would the OBX headers be really loud with the corsa? and how about with my cutout open :devil: i like bein loud. and would i need a tune? up until now, i still don't have a tune.

You can order plugs from summit racing...or I think its a M18x1.5 thread so you can use a short bolt as well...

It might be an M18x1.25 also, I really dont remember.

M18 1.5 is the correct one. I got two OIL PAN bolts from Autozone that were the correct length and thread size/pitch. Just ask the counter guy where the oil pan bolts are and buy two with the M18 1.5 thread. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...