WTF HOW DO I DISABLE THE GOVERNOR?!?!?!?!?!

Im so disappointed..

I drove across the state today to see my parents... and it was the truck's first big trip... Well... this jamaican or haitian guy in this teensy little civic hatchback WOULDNT LEAVE ME ALONE... tailgating me, pacing me, pulling in front of me.. driving around me in circles.. he kept waving at me to stay in front of him cause I have an X50 (radar) and he wanted to cruise behind me, I dont know.. either way, this went on for MIIILES.. I tried ignoring it.. but it got to the point where I was worried what he would do to the truck.. since.. he was driving a piece of garbage..

I had tried slowing down and almost pulling over to get him away from me.. (glad I had the .45 in the center console..) but he wouldnt let off.. so I went to speed up and take off.. and WTTTTFFFFFFF the truck wouldnt go over 90 MPH???? (Okay like 92..) I could NOT get away from him...

This was totally unacceptable.. I FREAKED.. as in panicked.. I seriously couldnt get away from this guy.. I finally pulled over again and he didnt slow down with me this time.. he kept going, thank god...

but wtf.... my truck has a governor?? WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING 360+ HP if I cant use it to get away from IDIOTS?!?!?!

Come on..... is there any way to disable the governor??? Im so pissed.. :(

Edited by AndromedaSS (see edit history)

check out these websites everybody has a personal opinon so ill let them bark in on those

pcmforless.com

gowheatley.com

look up zippy's phone number .com :jester:

you could buy the tuning software and have tunes emailed to you which is what i do it saves me time and money in the long run with shipping plus you can make minor changes to tranny shift points to get it just where you want it.

just do some search's and see whats up...there is another tuner but i forgot that website

first you need to understand that that HP rating is not to the rear wheels so it may not just tear off like you would think 350+ HP should and you need to get a tune and that will remove that top speeed limiter.

I understand how it works.. this isnt my first badass chevy. :D My truck hauls, I was just freaking out that it wouldnt go past 90, meanwhile the RPMs are screaming.. :(

I'll look into that tuner. :D

Why ju drivin so fast mon? i waas in buck uf ju fo tree miles

Grrrrr...! hehehe he was happy as can be.. he seemed pleased that I was annoyed with him...

check out these websites everybody has a personal opinon so ill let them bark in on those

pcmforless.com

gowheatley.com

you could buy the tuning software and have tunes emailed to you which is what i do it saves me time and money in the long run with shipping plus you can make minor changes to tranny shift points to get it just where you want it.

just do some search's and see whats up...there is another tuner but i forgot that website

thanks man... what am i looking at spending here???

WTF HOW DO I DISABLE THE GOVERNOR?!?!?!?!?!,

Oh man.. :( 90 mph top speed... Whats the point?

:crackup::crackup: Yeah that sucks! Get the PCM retuned by a good tuner, you'll be glad you did. AFA managing other traffic, I'm not going to touch that hot potato. :D

Mr. P. :)

Zippy's been very busy with his "zippy" business so when you call him and he picks up, scream "sausages" on the phone and hang up (this is how he knows if someone in the forum is calling him.)

Next you call him again at 3:03am and leave him a message to call you back. (VERY important)

NOW, if he does not call you back in 6 minutes, wait one day and call him again in 15 minute increments. +/- the day of the week which also corresponds to the lunar calendar.

You do all of this right and Zippy will send you the "special" tune for FREE! :thumbs:

Zippy's been very busy with his "zippy" business so when you call him and he picks up, scream "sausages" on the phone and hang up (this is how he knows if someone in the forum is calling him.)

Next you call him again at 3:03am and leave him a message to call you back. (VERY important)

NOW, if he does not call you back in 6 minutes, wait one day and call him again in 15 minute increments. +/- the day of the week which also corresponds to the lunar calendar.

You do all of this right and Zippy will send you the "special" tune for FREE! :thumbs:

;) i think i'll just PM him.. :D

;) i think i'll just PM him.. :D

He does say to call him but don't leave a message he is too busy to write all the numbers down and call back. ps a custom tune will not only remove the governor but your truck will be noticibly faster :driving:

3:03 am :crackup::crackup:

I thought he had a core charge that if you sent your stock one to him he would lower the price. Thats what i understood. So you can still drive your vehicle but gotta do a relearn and what not when you get your new pcm. This was not a very good option to me as i didnt wanna screw with my truck at -40 so i bought hptuners...

hptuners.com runs around 6 to 650 i forget what the going price is and then to do tunes thru somebody is cheaper than normal price but you still gotta realize you spending alot of money and if you had a weekend where you could spend 30 min with you truck you should just go thru one of these guys instead. There is a relearn post on here somewhere just search for it.

come in and see me..... i just took a limiter off an 07 avalanche yesterday.

however, you should know that its there for a reason. its not really designed to go any faster.... anything over 100 and your just asking for problems