WTF HOW DO I DISABLE THE GOVERNOR?!?!?!?!?!

I thought he had a core charge that if you sent your stock one to him he would lower the price. Thats what i understood. So you can still drive your vehicle but gotta do a relearn and what not when you get your new pcm. This was not a very good option to me as i didnt wanna screw with my truck at -40 so i bought hptuners...

hptuners.com runs around 6 to 650 i forget what the going price is and then to do tunes thru somebody is cheaper than normal price but you still gotta realize you spending alot of money and if you had a weekend where you could spend 30 min with you truck you should just go thru one of these guys instead. There is a relearn post on here somewhere just search for it.

The new trucks dont do the PCM swap.. instead you take out the ECM?? and something else .. TCM? and send them in and they program them and send them back...

come in and see me..... i just took a limiter off an 07 avalanche yesterday.

however, you should know that its there for a reason. its not really designed to go any faster.... anything over 100 and your just asking for problems

Sweet!!! I know its there for a reason.. like I said the only reason I found out was when I was trying to get away from that idiot who was buzzing around me like a wasp..

What will this cost me?? (PM me if you like) and also.. Im coming from Oakland and US1.. what are the best directions to get to your shop?? Thanks man!!

There is a whole thread/ threads that explain the PCM swap. All it is is just a black cover that is removed with 2 clips then take your nut driver and remove 2 bolts that go into the PCM, then with the new one at your side, repeat the steps backwards. If you dont want to have your ride down, simply tell him you want to keep your stock PCM and when your new one arrives, either keep the old one( I did just to have a backup in case) or I believe you can send it back and he will give you a credit. I went through W4M on my 2000 Silverado and they offer $75 core charge if returned.

AndromedaSS Posted Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Well maybe not.. I didnt realize I had to take out the..... ECM and TCM? and send them away... I cant give up transportation right now.. Im a teacher.. I go back to work on Tuesday... I guess I'll keep looking..

I live by Ft Lauderdale and went to High School there, why couldnt I have a teacher like this, I could maybe do some installs on the teachers truck and my grade would be effected when install is complete LOL( God knows I needed it in High School). I see you said your coming from Oakland and US1, my girl lives right there in the neighborhood behind the strip clubs/LA fitness.. maybe I'll catch you drivin one day.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

There is a whole thread/ threads that explain the PCM swap. All it is is just a black cover that is removed with 2 clips then take your nut driver and remove 2 bolts that go into the PCM, then with the new one at your side, repeat the steps backwards. If you dont want to have your ride down, simply tell him you want to keep your stock PCM and when your new one arrives, either keep the old one( I did just to have a backup in case) or I believe you can send it back and he will give you a credit. I went through W4M on my 2000 Silverado and they offer $75 core charge if returned.

AndromedaSS Posted Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Well maybe not.. I didnt realize I had to take out the..... ECM and TCM? and send them away... I cant give up transportation right now.. Im a teacher.. I go back to work on Tuesday... I guess I'll keep looking..

I live by Ft Lauderdale and went to High School there, why couldnt I have a teacher like this, I could maybe do some installs on the teachers truck and my grade would be effected when install is complete LOL( God knows I needed it in High School). I see you said your coming from Oakland and US1, my girl lives right there in the neighborhood behind the strip clubs/LA fitness.. maybe I'll catch you drivin one day.

hey cool! We work out there.. :) and yeah the kids think im pretty cool.. its awesome. :D the older teachers hate it.. ehehe

as for the PCM.. apparently there isnt a simple PCM swap on the NBS 07s... there are two pieces you need to unhook and send in to be reprogrammed.. theyre under the hood near the battery.. ECM and TCM I believe? I cant be without transportation for the duration of time that it takes to send it in, and back.

:(

Oh, sorry I cant be of any help to you on the PCM swap. On my 2000 and my 03, its a simple as I stated above. Do some searches on here, performancetrucks.net, gmfullsize.com and fullsizechevy.com and I'm sure there will be an answer to your questions. Good luck.

Oh, sorry I cant be of any help to you on the PCM swap. On my 2000 and my 03, its a simple as I stated above. Do some searches on here, performancetrucks.net, gmfullsize.com and fullsizechevy.com and I'm sure there will be an answer to your questions. Good luck.

There are always simple handheld programmers like the Diablo Sport or the Hypertech you can get.. and they too will remove the speed limiter along with some other programming modifications. This may be all your really looking for.

And from what I understand. There is always a speed limiter in place. no matter who does your programming. Some will shut down at 120, 145, or even higher if someone personally programs it for you.

You should check your areas and see if there are any chevy speed shops in your area that will dyno and program your truck at the some time. Every vehicle is different.

There are always simple handheld programmers like the Diablo Sport or the Hypertech you can get.. and they too will remove the speed limiter along with some other programming modifications. This may be all your really looking for.

And from what I understand. There is always a speed limiter in place. no matter who does your programming. Some will shut down at 120, 145, or even higher if someone personally programs it for you.

You should check your areas and see if there are any chevy speed shops in your area that will dyno and program your truck at the some time. Every vehicle is different.

Yea i have mine set at 150 ill never have a need to go that fast... even tho ive been 140 it was just to see how fast i could go and to see if my friend on his bike had the balls to keep up

come in and see me..... i just took a limiter off an 07 avalanche yesterday.

however, you should know that its there for a reason. its not really designed to go any faster.... anything over 100 and your just asking for problems

Kellyperformance: What does the General's warranty people think of having the limiter disabled?

Andromeda: Isn't the Castle Doctrine wonderful? Mr. Glock likes to ride in the SSS. Gotta love SoFla....

Contact Charlie Wheatley, Best tune i've had and i've had 4, great guy to deal with and always willing to help. reasonable prices and he is fast. www.gowheatley.com

:withstupid: Charlie Wheatley is awesome, definitely one of the best tuners in the business.....:chevy: