which transgo??

Im gonna get a transgo and billets but im not sure which model to get?? I thought there were only 2 versions but after hearing all the talk about them here, and then seeing on KDS performance's website that the kit they have on there isnt compatible with the 4L65E, im lost on which one to get. I think KDS is just misinformed, but id like to know which model to get to go along with the billet servos.

thanks

Im gonna get a transgo and billets but im not sure which model to get?? I thought there were only 2 versions but after hearing all the talk about them here, and then seeing on KDS performance's website that the kit they have on there isnt compatible with the 4L65E, im lost on which one to get. I think KDS is just misinformed, but id like to know which model to get to go along with the billet servos.

thanks

After reading about Setti's misfortune with kit and billet servos, I was very skeptical about putting a kit in. Eventually someone put in a good kit and lived to tell about it, so to speak. After I read about Brent's (MustBBrent) install, I got the one he did. If the answers you get on the phone are not to your satisfaction, PM Allen Nelson (Farmtruc), he will hook you up with the info. The part number for the HD kit has been posted. It comes with the corvette servo. This is the same kit that FLP puts in their trannys. If you wanted the billet servo, the kit may be available without - not sure. Again, the kit FLP uses does not include a billet servo. I talked to them and relied on their expert opinion. They also said that they normally don't include the O/D servo. What gear will you be in when you trap in a 1/4? Although they did tell me they have customers that use it on the Autobaun (sp?). Your make the choice.

It also says at kds that you have to remove torque management on the cpu before the install-is this true? :chevy:

YES!!!! :puke:

If you put in the Corvette Servo and Shift kit without removing TQM, the PCM will take every shift as ABUSE and shut down the motor after every shift. :fume: I lost almost half a second on my 0-60 when I had the shift kit installed because I could not get the truck tuned that day. :cry:

Make sure you get the tuning done. ;) The shift kit and tuning are fabulous! :D you won't regret it. :thumbs:

:cheers:

And that concludes my use of the Smilies...

he's correct, more the problem is the pcm doesn't understand the shift and does it's naturally programmed bog which with a harsh shift slows the engine down more. i believe the programming that comes with the radix you have fixed if for you though ben, that or just pushing boost to it fixes it. there is some to be gained from a shift kit, but much more once the tq managment is gone.

• 2 weeks later...
It also says at kds that you have to remove torque management on the cpu before the install-is this true? :chevy:

If you put in the Corvette Servo and Shift kit without removing TQM, the PCM will take every shift as ABUSE and shut down the motor after every shift. :fume: I lost almost half a second on my 0-60 when I had the shift kit installed because I could not get the truck tuned that day. :cry:

The 4L65E comes with the Corvette servo's already in it. The 4L65E is the exact tranny that is used in the ZO6 Vette.

AWDGM

The 4L65E comes with the Corvette servo's already in it. The 4L65E is the exact tranny that is used in the ZO6 Vette.

AWDGM

that is about the funniest thing i have heard on this site yet. no Z06 yet has been produced with an automatic. the 4L65E won't be in use in the corvette at all until the C6 is released. the corvette servo was not used in the ss calibration due to the harsher shift condition. it is used in the gm performance parts version on the other hand.

AWDGM

that is about the funniest thing i have heard on this site yet. no Z06 yet has been produced with an automatic. the 4L65E won't be in use in the corvette at all until the C6 is released. the corvette servo was not used in the ss calibration due to the harsher shift condition. it is used in the gm performance parts version on the other hand.

:withstupid:

Archived