1080p tv

Bigdogx

Well the state ran a tax free weekend and it was time to update the monster 46" big screen Sony i have had for the last 10+ years, my choice was a Toshiba 42" 1080p LCD $1449.00+no tax = great deal, also got it with 17 months at 0% and cant wait for tomorrow when i pick it up. Patriots season and watching my redsox choke up this division lead will be Crystal clear this year.. :banghead::crackup:

Also didn't stop there and said screw it and for the first time in 7 years i bought a new gaming console the ps3 mainly for it's blu-ray capabilities. Yea i know x-box lovers the ps3 sucks yadda yadda yadda, when a x-box can give me wireless net, wireless controllers, free net connection and browsing and also play dvd, blu-ray and even up convert regular dvds i might of gave a x-box a thought, but it doesn't have any of those features and the games will come as they always have with Sony so I'm not worried. I cant wait to watch 300 in 1080p. :cheers:

At least someone is buying the PS3.. that thing is hurtin right now.. it has like what, 1 good game out that u cant get anywhere else?

they arent selling bc they cost $600 bucks....im thinkin come christmas time....they'll be down to around $450....just guessing.......

they arent selling bc they cost $600 bucks....im thinkin come christmas time....they'll be down to around $450....just guessing.......

Actually the 60gb system is now 499.00 and also comes with 5 free blu-ray movies, for me to get the same with a x-box i would have to spend 450.00 on the elite system because i believe that is the only one with a hdmi port and then another 200 for the ability to play hd-dvd which is not as good as blu-ray and is in some crappy side drive that looks like cheap junk.That does not even go into the red light issues that over a million x-box owners have had to deal with. Like i said the games are secondary as im still mainly a pc gamer and always will be, but i wanted to see a 1080p picture and right now you get that with sony and nobody else!

Actually the 60gb system is now 499.00 and also comes with 5 free blu-ray movies, for me to get the same with a x-box i would have to spend 450.00 on the elite system because i believe that is the only one with a hdmi port and then another 200 for the ability to play hd-dvd which is not as good as blu-ray and is in some crappy side drive that looks like cheap junk.That does not even go into the red light issues that over a million x-box owners have had to deal with. Like i said the games are secondary as im still mainly a pc gamer and always will be, but i wanted to see a 1080p picture and right now you get that with sony and nobody else!

what is the redlight issue? i do not own a xbox 360

what is the redlight issue? i do not own a xbox 360

It means you rma it back to microsoft and wait for a new one, thats if it is still under warranty. It is a warning sign like when a pc has different beep sequinces to clue you in to what might be wrong, the red light flashing, 9 times out of ten means a fried x-box. Im not going to deny that x-box has a better game selection part of the reason being it has had more then a years time extra to iron out the bugs, but when comparing system to system the x-box is nothing but cheap garbage for what you get compared to all the options the ps3 gives you!

I buy all your electronics at costco lifetime warranty. You can upgrade your product at anytime no questions asked as long as you have recipe. The will ask if you want to buy extended product warranty say no. I returned a portable dvd player that was broken after 2 years and they refunded the entire amount and I bought a better one for half the price. I also upraded fron a 27 inch LCD to a 32 inch for my comp monitor no questions asked and I also upraded my canon xt digi to a canon xti after 1 year!!

I buy all your electronics at costco lifetime warranty. You can upgrade your product at anytime no questions asked as long as you have recipe. The will ask if you want to buy extended product warranty say no. I returned a portable dvd player that was broken after 2 years and they refunded the entire amount and I bought a better one for half the price. I also upraded fron a 27 inch LCD to a 32 inch for my comp monitor no questions asked and I also upraded my canon xt digi to a canon xti after 1 year!!

I am pretty sure that Costco has stopped that policy for electronics... and everything else possibly too. I think its only a 6 month warranty now.. sucks because that was the main reason I bought my electronic stuff from first if they had it for sell.

As far as the Xbox 360 redlighting problem.. mine just did it the other day.. hahaha .. then again I had it modded so I can play copied games (i have like 50 games burned) so maybe it was my fault

Costco still has the same policy. Was there yesterday. Just show with receipt and have the original packaging and they will make the customer happy. Either with store credit or full return. :thumbs: Call customer service and ask for yourself.

I have a Samsung 61" 1080p DLP. I have the 360 HD-DVD drive and PS3. I can't stop watching movies.

That's the same one i'm getting. the 61" Samsung. Do you like it? BestBuy is running a 36 month no interest thing. So basically i'll make 27-$100 payments... and call it good.. :driving:

Costco still has the same policy. Was there yesterday. Just show with receipt and have the original packaging and they will make the customer happy. Either with store credit or full return. :thumbs: Call customer service and ask for yourself.

I think I'll become a member @ Costco

:cheers: My wife purchased the new Sony Bravia 1080 I 46 inch set over the Vizino 47 inch bad boy for my birthday from Sam's Club. Nurses Rule :thumbs: Looking at ESPN2 HD wiith the NHRA and Nascar is :eek: Football last night with the Colts and Bears last night I thought I was there.

I bought the same set last week!That set is nice,I hooked up my PS3 to it and wow.

Well the state ran a tax free weekend and it was time to update the monster 46" big screen Sony i have had for the last 10+ years, my choice was a Toshiba 42" 1080p LCD $1449.00+no tax = great deal, also got it with 17 months at 0% and cant wait for tomorrow when i pick it up. Patriots season and watching my redsox choke up this division lead will be Crystal clear this year.. :banghead::crackup:

Also didn't stop there and said screw it and for the first time in 7 years i bought a new gaming console the ps3 mainly for it's blu-ray capabilities. Yea i know x-box lovers the ps3 sucks yadda yadda yadda, when a x-box can give me wireless net, wireless controllers, free net connection and browsing and also play dvd, blu-ray and even up convert regular dvds i might of gave a x-box a thought, but it doesn't have any of those features and the games will come as they always have with Sony so I'm not worried. I cant wait to watch 300 in 1080p. :cheers:

I hear ya bigdog. I'm in the process of moving so I sold my 52" proj. Had it 9 yrs and bought it for $900. Sold it for $300. I'd buy one for football season, but since I'm in Foxboro for half the year (and then some), and I have friends that run a couple of bars in the area so I can watch the Sox, I think I will wait till Feb. when I think the prices will come down.

Not to mention, me and the girl bought a new bed on tax free weekend....