Trading in the SSS.

Luke

I test drove a 07 TBSS AWD a few weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since (WOW). I was very impressed with the throttle response not to mention the sound of that LS2. I love the SSS, but I don't use it as a truck (don't tow with it or have big toys). 4 doors and covered storage is a plus.

My question is should I return my SSS to stock, that is, take off my CAI, 160* stat., and put the stock PCM back in? It would take a few hours tops. I think the only thing I could use in the TBSS is the thermostat, but I could sell the rest. What do you guys think?

My advice would be to remove all the aftermarket parts before you sell it or trade it in. I traded in my 2000 Silverado couple weeks ago and removed intake, muffler, bowtie, full grille, toolbox, PCM and LS1 fans. If you were to keep them in there, you will not get your $ back out of those aftermarket parts by selling it or trading it in. If you do decide to go through with it, I would like pics of the intake,because I am interested. Pm me back with details if you can, Thanks, Justin

guess your not ordering the supercharger now huh

Nope, I just couldn't justify putting that kind of money into it with 30k on the clock. Maybe I'll SC the TBSS :devil:

I did call Magna Charger and they gave me a PN PN (01-12-60-007). Unless you buy a used Radix you are still looking at 5k+. I remember when you could get the Silver Intercooled Radix for under 5K.

i would try and sell it private party, cause you'll most likely get more money that way. then tell who ever buys it they can buy it with the stuff on it for $XXXX or you can take it off, and take however much off the price

i would try and sell it private party, cause you'll most likely get more money that way.

What do you think an 05 w/ 29.5K in great shape will go for at the dealer vs. a private individual? The kbb for a trade in is $25k. I figure the mods are worth about $500 bucks. I know that the dealer will probably low ball the trade in value. What should I expect? That is a big determining factor as to whether I go through with this deal or not.