Super vs. Corvett Servo...etc.

I bought Bens Super Servo. If I decide to have a trans shop install how much do you think it will cost?

I'd say roughlt $50. Probably takes at least one hour by the book that most go by.

Ben, Can the average guy do this himself? Looks like a pull & replace mod to me.

I just got through with the shift kit and servo install in my truck..... Thanks Zippy!. It took a while but it is now in and operational. I put the same servo that Ben had posted a link to. I havent driven it much yet with it all installed but i think it is awesome. It doesnt shift too hard for me. I am kinda like Zippy its almost hard enough. It made a huge difference in shift times. It shifts from gear to gear about as fast as you can snap your fingers. Its great and worth the money. I had a friend of mine that owns a mechanic shop help me with mine. Zippy too, i had to call him a couple of times. I enjoyed the trip into uncharted territory. It was a little unerving at first, thinking oh my god what have i gotten myself into, but that went away after a while. I think the servo is the easiest part of all. It can be changed out (now that i have expereinced it) in about 15 minutes. Thats if the cat converter isnt warm..... err HOTT!! If you do the servo yourself be sure to watch that teflon seal. You guys that have some experience with em know what i am talking about.

I bought Bens Super Servo. If I decide to have a trans shop install how much do you think it will cost?

I'd say roughlt $50. Probably takes at least one hour by the book that most go by.

Ben, Can the average guy do this himself? Looks like a pull & replace mod to me.

yep, pretty easy.

I didn't get to drive it that much tonight after I installed it. I'll have a better opinion tomorrow. I can feel firmer shifts now. Not head snapping firm, but definately firmer than stock.

Did you try under light throttle and WOT?

I didn't get to drive it that much tonight after I installed it. I'll have a better opinion tomorrow. I can feel firmer shifts now. Not head snapping firm, but definately firmer than stock.

Did you try under light throttle and WOT?

Under regular in town light throttle is jst a little firmer that stock shifting. Under heavy acceleration it comes alive. I can definately fell it grabbing the gears. It will put you back in the seat slightly under WOT. But not so much that it feels uncomfortable. I'll just have to kep my foot out of it when the better half is with me.....lol

I have the billet servo and the shift kit. My girlfriend hates it..... everytime the truck shifts she gags..... You guys can figure that one out on your own. :jester:

either it's working perfectly or she just has a problem with gag reflex. :jester::D

Archived