Aeroforce Guage

454MATT

Hey guys i need a quick hand, i just installed my aeroforce tech guage that i bought from one of the last group buys and it keeps turning its self on and off and i dont know why. It turns on for 12 seconds and off for 8 seconds then back on. It just keeps on doing this all day untill i unplug it. I tried it with just the harness and also hooking it up to a switched 12V source, same thing. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with it?

P.S. Its the newer generation guage.

Matt

The newer generation gauge does not need a separate power source. It's powered through the OBD port.

Are you sure that you have the wire plugged into the back of the gauge the right way? I think it has a small "key" to guide you.

The newer generation gauge does not need a separate power source. It's powered through the OBD port.

Are you sure that you have the wire plugged into the back of the gauge the right way? I think it has a small "key" to guide you.

Yeah there are two groves that coincide with the plug and i followed that exactly. Everything lights up as per normal but it shuts its self off after 12 seconds. Ive been fighting with this dam thing for three days and i'm about ready to throw it in the garbage.

Yeah there are two groves that coincide with the plug and i followed that exactly. Everything lights up as per normal but it shuts its self off after 12 seconds. Ive been fighting with this dam thing for three days and i'm about ready to throw it in the garbage.

Maybe check out their web site: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/ They have some tech info. Maybe there is some way to contact them as well. I'm very happy with my gauge.

I agree, as long as your not connecting a 12 volt power source and using the OBD2 port only then it sounds like something is wrong with it. Contact the company, they have fantastic customer service and they will make things right for ya. I've go their number somewhere, let me see if I can find it for ya.........

Maybe check out their web site: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/ They have some tech info. Maybe there is some way to contact them as well. I'm very happy with my gauge.

Tried that route. Their so called Tech Forum has been down for the last three days with no up and running time mentioned and i can't find one single phone number anywhere, either on the website or the any of the packaging from them. uuuggghhh frustrating...

So i'm relying on you guys.

I did however send an email to their sales address because thats all i could find.. so far no response.

Edited by 454MATT (see edit history)

Tried that route. Their so called Tech Forum has been down for the last three days with no up and running time mentioned and i can't find one single phone number anywhere, either on the website or the any of the packaging from them. uuuggghhh frustrating...

So i'm relying on you guys.

I did however send an email to their sales address because thats all i could find.. so far no response.

Matt, I'm 95% sure I have the owners name and number at home, right now I'm at work. When I get home this afternoon I'll check and let ya know via PM. Actually, I'll let ya know either way.

I know I love my "Older" style one and I have had nothing but great customer service from them.

Matt, I'm 95% sure I have the owners name and number at home, right now I'm at work. When I get home this afternoon I'll check and let ya know via PM. Actually, I'll let ya know either way.

I know I love my "Older" style one and I have had nothing but great customer service from them.

Thanx alot that would be great, if I don't get anywhere with that then i'm going to try and exchange it for another one through RevolutionRaceWorks since i got it from him during the last GP.

Thanx alot that would be great, if I don't get anywhere with that then i'm going to try and exchange it for another one through RevolutionRaceWorks since i got it from him during the last GP.

Matt,

I cant find his number right now, sorry bud. I did however email the guy that gave it to me before and I'm waiting for him to reply.

Stay tuned

Mike

i had this problem with my 2nd one, it came with the shift lights but separate power wire. and it would do the same thing and eventually jus twouldnt work. the problem is in the guage, it has a resistor that cant handle the power and shuts off. he had to make a new batch or fix the old ones. he should be able to help you out , if you can get ahold of him.

i had this problem with my 2nd one, it came with the shift lights but separate power wire. and it would do the same thing and eventually jus twouldnt work. the problem is in the guage, it has a resistor that cant handle the power and shuts off. he had to make a new batch or fix the old ones. he should be able to help you out , if you can get ahold of him.

My original one, plugged into the OBD2 and also had a power and ground wire, one day just completely "Washed Out" and it couldnt even be read. I ended up sending it back to him, they fixed it and almost 2 years now I've had no problems since.

Still waiting on a reply..................

thanx guys, kinda glad to hear that i'm not the only one here that has had problems, honestly didn't know how i could have screwed it up since you only have to plug these new ones into the OBDII port and thats it.

I sent e-mails to every address i could find on their website and finally got a response later tonight. Looks like its going back in the mail tomorrow. :ughdance:

Matt

thanx guys, kinda glad to hear that i'm not the only one here that has had problems, honestly didn't know how i could have screwed it up since you only have to plug these new ones into the OBDII port and thats it.

I sent e-mails to every address i could find on their website and finally got a response later tonight. Looks like its going back in the mail tomorrow. :ughdance:

Matt

Glad it looks like you're going to get it fixed. Knock on wood, mine has been perfect so far. But now we know what to do in case of a problem...