fun at the 1/8th mile today

Chevcup47

went to the strip to play today ran trophy class. truck ran realy strong for the 2 time runs. 1st run a 9.82 2nd was a 9.84.......so i dialed in at a 9.82. ran really good untill my final round pass when it ran a 9.72. making me the runner up and sending me home with the smaller trophy. im happy with how the SSS ran alot of the guys there didnt believe me when i told them its all stock. except for mufflers and a C.A.I. oh and im really happy with my final round reaction time also .0080 with a 2.1569 60 foot will be going back next week if i can. hope everyone else is having fun also. Dale

that's exactly what i ran when i was stock was a 9.82 exact.. that's kinda cool.. after i put my mods on i was running 9.50s and after the spray i hit a 8.90.. have fun with it, the speed is addicting..

went to the strip to play today ran trophy class. truck ran realy strong for the 2 time runs. 1st run a 9.82 2nd was a 9.84.......so i dialed in at a 9.82. ran really good untill my final round pass when it ran a 9.72. making me the runner up and sending me home with the smaller trophy. im happy with how the SSS ran alot of the guys there didnt believe me when i told them its all stock. except for mufflers and a C.A.I. oh and im really happy with my final round reaction time also .0080 with a 2.1569 60 foot will be going back next week if i can. hope everyone else is having fun also. Dale

Nice reaction time! Gotta take less stripe next time brother!

I'm not sure the AWD contributes to a 2.10 60'. I've pulled a 2.08 60' far with my 2wd on the 20's with room to go and managed a 2.0 60' with a VHO running 245/70R17 take off's from a 2005 work truck.

I'm not sure the AWD contributes to a 2.10 60'. I've pulled a 2.08 60' far with my 2wd on the 20's with room to go and managed a 2.0 60' with a VHO running 245/70R17 take off's from a 2005 work truck.

Ya my buddy (OUT2WIN) is pulling 2.0 60' in a 2wd SS (no stall either). The AWD definatley contibutes on the street though, Im usually always ahead at the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 1.98-1.99 60's even before the cam, stall and tune with a TB converter. After the cam it was like 2.1 or something before the Yank. Now it is back under 2.0. I can't imagine launching at 3200 with 2wd, it would smoke the tires. My best was a 9.07 1/8th and a 14.26 1/4. I haven't had a good run since the cam and tune. I am having 6-7 degrees KR out of the hole and have not been able to get with my tuner at the track yet so I haven't run it anymore. I was expecting 8's and 13's with the mods I have done since the best times were on the stock cam and tune with a TB converter. It was colder then though.